Followers

Saturday, June 16, 2012

LIVE from a cold windy Napier New Zealand

Hello Everyone....well it seems like months since I have been on here, but only a week has past. and so glad to see that my scheduled cards went up, and thank you all so much for the lovely comments you left me, such a pleasure to sit and read them all....

My trip to Australia went really well, I only got lost 3 times and lost my passport in our tiny local airport...can you believe it!!..how stupid...I had taken it out as I knew we needed it at the check in, but slipped it back in my bag and it shot into a makeup purse and I just couldn't see it...luckily while I was sliding into a panic mode, my G/duaghter calmly waded through my messy bag and found it before my son threw me out the door..lol..

Went to the craft show on the Saturday, and I was in craft heaven...wow!!...so many stalls, and so many people, or should I say women...pushing and shoving, it was like the Bendon Bra sales...frightening for awhile...lol..but I soon learned to give a shove back, make use of my height, for reaching over heads, and this is what I managed to get in 1hour and 45 mins........


                                         WARNING PICTURE HEAVY..........but oh! so yummy..






There is another picture but it wont load just yet, so I will show you a card that I made just before I left for a challenge at Ready Teddy Go  and it is one for the boys.... 



Such a cute image from Spyder [Lyn]  called Archie  Archer...



A close up of image...coloured with pencils...


And the side view..

The papers are gift wrapping papers with a linen texture on them, the dragon fly cut from those papers...the spots and stripes from Crafters choice 'country basics'.

This has turned into a novel, so will let you go....off to play, will show a few more pictures when they come to hand, and where we stayed...paradise..

Great to be back...

Luv CHRISSYxx




                                                 

25 comments:

Janneke said...

Ow what a great things you bought Chrissy ;o)
It looks amazing!
Love your card to

Hugs, Janneke

Tracy said...

Oh wow, You lucky girl!!! My inlaws live over there... Its on my "to do" list... visit same weekend as craft expo!!!
Are you going to SENZ this year???
Hugs
Tracy

chrissy xx said...

My first question is....
How did you get all this delicious stuff home??? Did you leave all your clothes behind?? You are going to have months of fun with this lot lol..LOoks FAbulous.
LOving your card....LOve your colours and this is the cutest of bears such concentration on his face lol...Fabulous colours too...
Chrissyxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Glad you had a good time and wow, you are a fast shopper. What a lot of loveky new stash. Fab teddy card too.

heidy said...

Wow Chrissy what a jummy stuff you bought,can't wait to see what beauty 's you make with it!
Love your sweet card!
XXX Heidy

Debs said...

WOW WOW WOW Chrissy so much gorgeous stash - looking forward to seeing all your beautiful projects with this little lot :o)
Love you fab fun cheery card - adorable image and perfectly coloured.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Take care
Debs xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Goodness me it must have been like Supermarket Sweep to get all that in 1hr 45 mins! Love your card what a fab image Chrissy! Hugs Susan x

Doreen said...

Oh wow Chrissy all those crafty goodies,have a fab time using it all. Your card is gorgeous love the image.xxx

Lisa Minckler said...

What's that line in the song? "I'm in Heaven...da da something something..hmm, di da di, I'm in Heaven." I wouldn't know where to start, but those are amazing die cuts and chipboards and I see the clouds!
Have fun playing with your new goodies!
So glad your calm g/daughter found the passport!!!
Hugs,
Lisa

OHHH...the card...I LOOOVE the card. Dragonflies and teddies bears always make me smile. :D

downrightcrafty said...

took me ages to get to your lovely card got stuck on the photographs :) but isn't he lovely and gorgeous colouring and great use of the twine
Hugs Kate xx

Unknown said...

Hi Chrissy, welcome back and wow wow all those goodies :) so yummy, you've made me remember my time at the NEC craft show and how fun it was he he .. well done on buying all those goodies, you will have tons of fun time with them ... and your card is so sweet too, love the little teddy and pretty colours. Hugs xxx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Am so jealous Chrissy all those lovely goodies. Your card is really pretty love the paper's you have used and the wee teddy bear. Glad you had a fab time away. Love Alison xxx

Mary J said...

He is so fab, Chrissy! Love that layout and papers!

Sheryl said...

WOWWY GAZZOWY! Just look at all of that LOVELY STASH! If I lived near you, I would love to come over to play! ;-) I'm so very glad that you had such a nice trip! You work so hard and you really deserve a holiday!
This little bear card is adorable! I love the dragonfly dp and embellishment! I can hardly wait to see what you create with all of your lovely new purchases!
I'm offering blog candy this weekend! I hope you can drop by!
Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card Chrissy. It looks like you had a lovely time shopping for craft goodies.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Ooh Chrissy, what fabby things you bought, that lot should keep you going for a while :) Love your card today, you've coloured him beautifully wih your pencils (love his little cheeks!) Hugs, Teresa x

pinky said...

OMG woman that is some stash you have treated yourself too and good for you! Glad the passport was found lol. Your weather sounds just like ours only this is our SUMMER:( Love your cute wee card, you always come up with the best images!

Vicky said...

Wow what gorgeous and yummy stash Chrissy...and super cute card too sweetie...:o)

have a lovely weekend hun...big hugs Vicky xx

Debs M said...

great image, love that card! Thanks for joining us for our ‘One for the Boys’ Challenge at Ready-Teddy-Go! Hope to see you again soon x

Debbie Dt

Lisa Jane said...

woweee .. looks like you had a fab time.. cant wait to see all that stash in action.. and your card is too cute!
Lisa x

coops said...

wow that is some seriously yummy stash chrissy, enjoy :D
i love your card, gorgeous sweet bear and really fab design :D

xx coops xx

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow you scored big Chrissy! Sounds like you had a heap of fun :) Super cute card..love that image! :)

Elaine said...

Oh My!! That looks like a very successful shopping trip!
Lots of lovely goodies to play with.
Now, do you put it all away in it's correct home as soon as you get back or do you like to leave it out to look and drool over for a few days before putting it away?? I'm a drooler :)

Fabulous card, Archie is one cute teddy bear!

Hugs Elaine xx

Anonymous said...

A fabulous card Chrissy, love that image and wow what a great stash! Thanks for joining us at Ready Teddy Go!
Helen x

PinksyDoodles said...

Fabulous card Chrissy! Thank you for entering it into our challenge at Ready-Teddy-Go.
Hugs, Clare x