Followers

Sunday, February 22, 2015

HAPPY SUNDAY AND A BIT OF VINTAGE



Hello Everyone..

A lovely Sunday afternoon today and just finished work, with the rest of the afternoon off till 4pm when it starts all over again..had a few extra clients this weekend and they all keep me pretty busy.

Have a vintage card to share today for a challenge at Vintage Challenge and the theme is birdcages and birds...and that sounded like a fun thing to do.. so here we are.



The sweet image is from the  Graphics Fairy..gosh! there is lot going on here

Flowers from "I am Roses"..[my win on the Emerald Faeries challenge in Dec]

Papers from my stash.. birdcage die from Poppy stamps...chipboard bird on a branch..pearls..Gesso and a feather I found floating on the ground a long time ago and I just had to pick it up..



A closer view...


This sweet frame with a bird is from Rosies Studio..set of 6 for $3..could not go wrong there..and they are all different..and it had the Gesso treatment too..



And a side view..the flower behind the "Love "sentiment is from an old vintage Wedding gown..One of my clients cuts them off a gown she has at home..so very nice of her.

So that's me done..off for a lazy afternoon on the couch...too hot today for anything else and it is Art Deco this weekend here in Napier..planes buzzing around all day and visitors and locals all dressed up to kill.
Last night they were in evening attire and looked stunning..about 3000 people are gathered in town for this...so we went for a wander last night checking everyone out..

Okay the planes have now upset my dog Harry..he is out their barking his head off and chasing them from one side of the house to the other..I swear one day he will catch one..

See you tomorrow and thanks ever so much for stopping by..

luv CHRISSYxx







24 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Spectacular vintage card and just love the flowers. Aren't they the most gorgeous flowers....love your little image and just adore the bird in the frame...gorgeous.xx

{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Oh my Chrissy this is a stunner! Beautiful detail and love the flowers and that little frame is adorable - what a bargain!! Stay cool, hugs Susan x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab design and details.xxx

Sue said...

This is stunning Chrissy. The vintage image is so beautiful and all your gorgeous embellishments work so well together.
hugs Sue xx

Sarah said...

This is magnificent Chrissy, love the "real" vintage touch from that pretty lace flower...how kind of her. xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Sorry not been by much, been on hol and now poorly! This is so gorgeous, love the vinatge style and the details are so beautiful, the weekend sounds fun, love art deco x

Mary J said...

So stunning, Chrissy! Your are so good at shabby chic/vintage! I wish it was too hot here in the UK! And I hope to be at the Art Deco weekend one day!

Annette said...

Beautiful Chrissy. Love that bird too.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Unknown said...

Hi Chrissy what a stunning card I love the vintage feel. And the image and the design are wonderful and your embellishments are gorgeous. xx
Debs xx
{Debs Cards– my personal blog}

Chris said...

Wow Chrissy, there certainly is a lot going on here....an amazing amount of detail and so beautifully put together. Lovely image, the flowers and die cuts are gorgeous, I really like your colour choice too!
The Art Deco weekend sounds fantastic, a real spectacle!
Chris
x

jimlynn said...

Sensational and so beautiful. I really think my jaw dropped at the beauty of your card! Vintage and perfection. I love all the different elements you added on here too. Just awesome!
Our little dog likes to chase the planes when they fly over too. Don't know what he'd ever do it one swooped down close though. LOL!
Lynn

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous vintage card Chrissy. Love the vintage image and all the pretty details.
Lorraine x

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Chrissy this is absolutely stunning, wow, you have designed this so beautifully, it is such a pleasure to set my eyes on this wonderful creation, the vintage style I love, the image I love, the embellishments I love, just in case you didn't know it I LOVE THIS CARD, lol.
hugs
lorraine x

Heather said...

A gorgeous vintage card Chrissy, a lovely design and such a pretty image..........your techniques and embellishments are just stunning!!!

hugs
Heather xx

pinky said...

Beautiful card Chrissy, you are like a little magpie collecting everything that catches your eye. Which is great especially as you actually use the items whereas I store them and forget them lol. Sounds like a great time going on over there but poor Harry lol.

Carol S. said...

WOW!!!! Chrissy, this card is super stunning. Love it all, the vintage image, embellishments and design. All so beautiful. I could never part with this, if I had made it. Hope you enjoyed your sunny afternoon. It poured with rain here, so hard, we had a pond in the garden. A lovely Sunday afternoon!!! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Tammy said...

Poor Harry, what a fellow to do when his job is to protect his home! Absolutely gorgeous vintage, you do all themes of cards so well!

Pia S said...

Oh, I love this beauty of a vintage creation! There are so many fantastic details on here and you've put everything so well together. It doesn't look messy even though there's lots going on.

Jacee said...

Wow, wow and wow again, Chrissy this is fabulous, what a lovley design, I love vintage and this is done perfectly, love all your detail, so well done, a really fabulous card, love it!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

*Vicki* said...

Chrissy, your card is absolutely breath-taking!! Really gorgeous design!!

coops said...

oh wow so stunning chrissy.your detailing is fabulous and i love your colours and beautiful vintage image ;D

xx coops xx

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Oh I just adore the sweet vintage image and love all the beautiful ways you've embellished it! Thank you for joining us at Vintage Utfording~ Hugs, Rebecca

MK paper design said...

Beautiful card you've made!
Thank you for participating in Vintage Challenge. Hugs from DT Vibekke

Lisa Minckler said...

Still me, stalking your blog and seeing what I've missed since I fell of the grid, and WOW...this is wonderful. Had me jumping out of my seat. You know I get goofy when I see you post these. LOVE your vintage style of card making!!
more hugs... :)