Followers

Thursday, July 27, 2017

SWIMMING MERMAID - IMAGINE THAT DT INSPIRATION..



Hello Everyone...

It is inspiration day for IMAGINE THAT DIGISTAMPS and we have some wonderful guests joining in with the DT so do try to pop over HERE and have a looksee...

For my project I used this gorgeous Mermaid image..MERMAID SWIMMING


She was all coloured up with Reno Art markers and fussy cut out...






I cut to size for a card and forgot to leave a decent border edge so she looks like she is scraping her belly along the bottom of the seabed..



The background was done with a dark blue marker then I added some water here and there...mopped up the excess with paper towel and it left little bubbles...

That gorgeous die cut of vines was from my Aussie mate Annie [ I must find out what it is called as I want it]..and it makls for a lovely undersea hanging plant.

A few seed beads along the bottom with torn kraft paper and it was done...



So there we go...thanks so much for stopping by...

Luv CHRISSYxx




14 comments:

Janette said...

Love the clever background Chrissy, really does look like beautiful blue water, gorgeous image lovely card as ever...xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's very beautiful Chrissy
Gr Karin

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Chrissy, been thinking about you my friend...hope you are 'taking it easy'.
A most beautiful card and love the mermaid. Gorgeously coloured too.
Here is a link to the die...
http://www.poppystamps.com/1194-Weeping-Willow-Branches-craft-die_p_224.html

[aNNie]

Veerle said...

She looks sp pretty Chrissy, a lovely scene.
Hugs Veerle x

Kristine said...

I LOVE this card Chrissy - your coloring of this mermaid is beautiful, and the diecut vines give a nice pop of white against the dark blue. What a neat technique you found to create bubbles too! xKristy

Chris said...

Sweet Little mermaid, beautiful colouring and I love your card design.
Chris
x

Kim said...

great card Chrissy and love the background and layout for your cute mermaid!
Kim x

Carol S. said...

She's gorgeous and beautifully coloured. Love the scene and the bubbly water is brilliant. Big hugs, Carol S,xxxx

Words and Pictures said...

She's charming - and I love the dangling fronds of seaweed (pretty on the card, not so pretty wrapped round my legs when I'm swimming!).
Alison x

Sarah said...

Wow, she is stunning Chrissy xx

pam said...

Beautiful card Chrissy, love your colouring and details.
Pam x

Pia S said...

Fantastic coloring, Chrissy, I really love her hair! The blue background makes a great sea. I've never thought of adding droplets to a marker made background, I didn't think you'd get this effect. Looks great!

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful image and fabulous background
Carol x

*Vicki* said...

Your little mermaid is such a cutie Chrissy!! :) Love the wonderful underwater scene you've made for her too!! You're such a brilliant crafter!! HUGS