Followers

Thursday, March 22, 2018

WATERSHIP DOWN...and some tears.



Hello Everyone...

A new challenge at THE LIBRARY  and the theme is " WATERSHIP DOWN "..

You shouldn't really make cards and listen to " Bright Eyes " at the same time as it make your eyes leak and brings back memories of your young Son who vowed and declared that he will never forgive you for taking him to see the movies as it made him so sad and stressed and he cried and cried and has never listened to the song again and never watched the movie again..he is now 41 and will not let it go...lol..

My interpretation of this sad but wonderful story..



I guess I followed the cover...and a scene where they found where they should be going so the quote was made by " Fiver "..


The background sky went a bit rough but it was supposed to be night time..

But I love my grass..played around doing that for ages..

Added a die cut curly leaf border...



The Rabbits were a silhouette print off set but cannot remember where I got them from.



Okay, that's it...feeling sad, need to go to work shortly so thanks so much for stopping by and I will see you tomorrow.. [  I think I may make some mac cheese for my boy tonight...that's his favourite ]..

Challenge to enter  The Library  [Watership down ]..

Luv CHRISSYxx




13 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Chrissy love all the details--my youngest son is 30yrs and he sat on the stairs and cried after watching Edward Scissorhands never forgotten that either!!!
carol x

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card Chrissy

gr karin

Chris said...

Your card is a perfect illustration for this beautiful story Chrissy. LOve the 'bright'eyes -a clever touch. Remember reading this wonderful book for the first time...and being devastated by it...never could watch the film!
Chris
x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love that song but it does make my eyes leak. Fabulous intepretation of a fab film

Connie said...

Sweet card, now I want to watch the movie again :)

aussie aNNie said...

Great interpretation Chrissy, it was a great film.x💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Jane said...

Oh dear....poor chap, scarred for life. What about a rabbit stew for tea? Lol. Awesome card for an original challenge x

Marina said...

Such a perfect scene and evocation of the story - it is quite moving! Thanks for joining The Library.

pam said...

Beautiful card Chrissy, love the scene you have created.
Pam x

Lisa Lynn said...

Chrissy, this is just too cute with those bunnies. That is a great challenge.

Sarah said...

You have done a fantastic job of this lovely card Chrissy. Bright Eyes has very special memories for me xx

Claire said...

Great take on the challenge, your scene looks fantastic x

Pia S said...

This challenge seemed to hard for me with mojo gone, and I don’t know the story. Yours is a wonderful recreation of the book cover, awesome design, well done.