Followers

Friday, March 8, 2019

GOT MY BREATH BACK NOW..


Hello Everyone..

Went a bit quiet here the last few days, I was so busy at the beginning of the month,I needed a breather.

Going to share another project using something new [for me] that I have been playing with..

I saw on Facebook on Teresa Allday  page,using beautiful embellishments made from Resin...there was a link to The Resin Embellishment Shop  so I went there [as you do]..and met Sara Wright  and spend my life savings [as you do]..well, okay not my life savings but I had a ball and bought the most gorgeous resin embellishments and here is the first of several projects I have made..


First is my box of goodies...

And my first project..

I did dirty up the balustrade with a marker and maybe over did it a bit..


The shine behind the window is some packaging cellophane stuff..


Dirty balustrade, and forgot I had some moss stuff in my stash and could have used that too, but added some vine leaves across the top..


Love the topiary tree from Marianne designs..


So there we go, a modern, sort of, Wedding card.

Love using these resins and they make the card nice and thick, not too heavy, but they feel strong..

Thanks so much for stopping by, I will be back on Sunday with another DT project, so I will see you then, I'm on holiday now and still in my jim jams..lol..eating toast at 7.24am..I slept in till 6am..

Luv CHRISSYxx








13 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card love the silhouette figures and the balustrade looks brilliant recycling too!!!Love the beautiful embellishments.I'm with you had 12 DT card to do and blog in the first week-then nothing due until the 22nd,unless I just play.
Carol x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow this is fab, interesting that it isn’t too heavy. Enjoy relaxng in your PJs, do that most mornings, the joy of retirement, no need to rush in the mornings

Chris said...

Hope you are enjoying your well-earned break Chrissy, isn't it great at the beginning of a holiday when the days stretch out ahead? That feeling of there being all the time in the world to do whatever you want to!
Fabulous card, love the wedding scene with your beautiful die cuts and the way you've aged the balustrade...gorgeous!
XX

pam said...

Stunning makes Chrissy, gorgeous wedding card.
Pam x

Carol S. said...

Love how you have distressed the balustrade Chrissy and the colour is perfect. You have created a beautiful wedding scene and a very classy too!! How could you lay in bed until 6am!!!!!! I struggle to get up at 8am!! Except on Tuesday, when I was doing a Craft Fair and had to be up at 6am! I don't usually get to bed until 2am, so my early night is around midnight. Hope you are going to have fun on your break and more lay ins too! Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

aussie aNNie said...

Way to go Chrissy, these embellies are an asset to any card and you sure have created this one gorgeously...love that you use your 'savings' on yourself and the hobby you love...big hugs.

Janette said...

Chrissy this looks fabulous it really does, your embellishments are just gorgeous and I think you made the stonework better with the 'dirtying up', glad you got your wind back, sometimes it can all get abit much, take care and happy crafting.xx

Dora said...

Beautiful

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's gorgeous Chrissy and also your embelishments

Gr Karin

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow this card is absolutely stunning Chrissy!! I know what you're referring to on Teresa's creations, she has so many pretty things on her creations! I do think those resins are brilliant and I can see spending a small fortune on them too!! LOL!! Your creation is out of this world my dear!! HUGS

Brenda said...

This is wonderful, Chrissy! The balustrade is done perfectly, definitely needed some dirtying up to give it a realistic look. Gorgeous card. Enjoy your holiday!

Sarah said...

What a wonderful card this is. You are going to have lots of fun with that box of goodies for sure. Enjoy your holiday xx

Pia S said...

Gosh, what a beauty! Love the resin balustrade, it gives your card an extra wow factor for sure. Gorgeous!