Followers

Friday, March 5, 2021

TAG #3..

 Hello everyone,

Well, that was a scary night shaking and rocking and rolling, swaying to and fro, going up and down,but all is well now, tsunami warning had been lifted and thank you so much for the beautiful early morning txt's and messages when I woke this morning..thank you...


Back with my last tag #3 for Tag Tuesday for their Steampunk theme..

My last tag post I ended up with this picture...




                                                                     so used it to make this..



And it all started with placing my cogs onto the sheet that I sprayed/coloured the other cogs..


Glued them all down..


Smooshed texture paste in the gaps with my fingers, [that was sticky fun..]


While that was drying I cut out my penny farthing and added two nuts on the wheels..


Cut tags from papers and inked around the edges and added twine through the top eyelet..





Then did this to the background..UGH!!..then forgot to take how to fix pictures as I panicked..


Placed my tags once I could breathe again and the penny farthing onto my tag..


You can see the background was no longer that funny colour..I added more grey to it..


Then played with some more bees...


And added lots of tiny micro beads onto this fellow..


And onto the desk, floor, my shoes, those little suckers go for miles if you're not careful..


Added my quote...


A close up of the top with the cogs..and more micro beads.


The quotes.." Be authentic, sometimes you have to take chances" 




A close up of the Bee..


And my finished tag..

So there we go, thank you so much for stopping by, and as always leaving your lovely comments, really appreciate each and every one..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Tag Tuesday  [Steampunk]





15 comments:

Janette said...

Oh dear Chrissy are you ok, thats scary, I must have missed a post I had no idea you were expecting anything like that, as long as your ok.
This tag is just fabulous, its so well designed and I am now on the hunt for that bike, fabulous it really is. Stay safe my friend.xx

Chris said...

Glad you survived the scary night and are safe and well.
I'm really loving these fabulous steampunk tags Chrissy- you made great use of the 'leftovers'
to create this-gorgeous texture and colours, and a wonderful penny-farthing!
xx

Crafting Queen said...

Another amazing tag, love it. Glad you are safe. Anesha x

crafty-stamper said...

Glad to hear all is well Chrissy very scary!!!Absolutely brilliant Steampunk tag love all the fabulous texture,the little Bees and great penny farthing bike
Carol x

pinky said...

Oh wow Chrissy I had not heard about that!! Thank goodness you are well and still in one piece! Scary or what!!!! I absolutely love coming to see all your work but especially your tags. A - MAZ - ING!!!

Sarah said...

Sounds like an awful night Chrissy, glad you are okay. This tag is magnificent and I love the penny farthing xx

Carol S. said...

Must have been a very scary night for you Chrissy. Sounds like a strong one. We were in Greece, many years ago, when we had one there. I just said to my hubby, did the earth move for him?!! Just a short one.
Another brilliant tag and love the penny farthing bike. A gorgeous design.
Have a lovely, peaceful weekend. Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

Brenda said...

Such an amazing, wonderful transformation! I love all the textures and that bee is wonderful. I'm so glad everything finally calmed down.

Dawn T said...

Things would have been a bit scary for you Chrissy. Up here in Auckland we were fine - just couldn't go to the beach for a bit... Stunning tag. Love seeing your process. stay safe.

Michele said...

so glad you are safe! and you've made a brilliant tag! grateful you've linked to tag tuesday! xo

Sandra Wright. said...

Love,love,love your Tag, fabulous little bees and all the elements to create your tag are gorgeous, had a giggle re your comment about the seed beads..been there,done that,lol.
Thank you so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday with your stunning tag x

Claire said...

So glad all is well.

I love the tag and the vintage vibes

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous love how you let us see how you make it Chrissy

Gr Karin

Lorraine said...

Oh gosh Chrissy, that sounds scary - hope you're ok.
Your tag is as gorgeous as ever, love the bike and bee. A brilliant design
Lorraine x

coldwaters2 said...

This is amazing Chrissy all the fantastic detail you have done a top notch tag.
hugs
lorraine x