Followers

Saturday, August 20, 2022

CAROLINA...

 Hello everyone,

Saturday morning and blowing like crazy but the air is warm, strangely warm, for Winter..never mind I'm inside today and been longing to share this card, it is one of my favourites,  an Altenew die called Carolina Allspice, and it looks fiddly and probably is, but I found it a joy to put together and adore the colour combo, when it works it works..




I was so lucky to have the right colour card stocks in my scrap box and in my stash..
The colours are the same as on the content packet guide with the dies, just about, and although I love this I have never made another as I cannot see it in another colour.....but one day maybe..


I went with black and white stripe and spice colour papers..


I even  kept my accetate and coloured butterfly for this card..


The card stock is deep golden colour along with black and the stripes...


Cut is with a frame die, several sizes...


Glued and layered them together...


Sentiment and butterfly waiting to go on...but seeing too much orange.


Added some more colours with the humming bird instead..




And there she is in all her glory, I really love this card and may have [Well, I already have] to keep her..

I used three different mix and match die sets here...flowers,leaves and bird...it's great when that happens and they look like they belong..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx


Challenges to enter...

Creative Fingers Challenge  [anything goes]





15 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

so very beautiful Chrissy

gr karin

Margreet said...

Another beautiful flower card! Fab colours!
xxx Margreet

Dawn T said...

Fabulous Chrissy. Great colour combo. Love all the different elements

Janette said...

This is so beautiful Chrissy and as much as I LOVE the colour of those flowers I can see it in pinks and yellows to name but two and with your creative imagination the skies the limit.
The worlds weather is insane, even the birds are confused, apparently they can't decide now if they should fly south for the winter or stay put, its awful.xx

Chris said...

What a beautiful card! Those flowers do look fiddly to layer together but the result is stunning- love the colours! xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Your card is fabulous, Chrissy, loe it! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Valerie

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Chrissy,beautiful flowers and die cut frames-the humming bird is perfect for a pop of different colour.We have the same weather here today even though our Summer-blowing a gale but very warm!
Carol x

*Vicki* said...

Another beauty you've pulled together here Chrissy! I love the layered florals and it's so dramatic with the black accents too! You've framed it in so lovely and topped it with that darling hummingbird! Wonderful inspiration my friend!

Lee said...

Stunning.x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful design. Lovely result. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You put cards together so beautifully with real impact. I think if I ever made one like this, I would have to keep it too. A Stunning card, love the die and the hummingbird.
Faith x

Pia S said...

Your flowers are gorgeous, and I love the dramatic elegance brought by the black frame. Everything just works so perfectly together.

Brenda said...

Just beautiful! Your colors are so perfect and that humming bird, wow!

Sarah said...

Love the autumnal colours Chrissy and well done you for keeping it!! xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

I LOVE this - what a fabulous die and the colors are perfect as begin the Fall season. Thanks so very much for joining us this tine at the Creative Fingers Challenge