Followers

Friday, August 12, 2022

YELLOW TULIPS AND SOME BIRDS...

 Hello everyone,

Friday night while writing this post, been very busy and my PC went to the PC doctor for a check up, not too much damage considering she is 8 years old...Microsoft did a huge update and a lot of computers suffered file corruption..mine was one of them but nothing my buddy couldn't ficx..so up and running again...

Today I'm sharing some cards I made a wee while ago, so put them altogether in one post as they are so similar..


I started like most days making some backgrounds
, this day was with oxide sprays..


Just played around and go some different tones of yellow..


Even a dull flat one..


Then die cutting, lots of it...


Birdbaths..


Birds, all sizes..


Vaselined my backgrounds when dry as I hate the powder stuff coming off..


And pulled out another blast from the past..
love this punch and so much quicker than the die..


Lots and lots of Tulips..


Think I used it all...


Sponged colours on the stems...


found 6x6 papers in my stash..


Cut frames from left overs...


And the first card has a double punched frame..


Really nice, I liked doing this..


Added me wee bird and some bronze pearls...


With not too much dimension..


This background had a stencil job done, spots with white pigment ink..


More punched edges and stripe papers and a bird and sentiment...


Pretty much the same, love this chubby bird..


Tulips were splattered too, they all were...


dimension the same, not too much..


Cute, I'm really liking these bigger cards..


Then I went round..and it rocks...


Little round lacy die cut frame I've had for yonks ..


And the little birdie nestled on the sentiment...


And that is number three...



The last one, I found these papers in my stash 12x12 paper pad, had them forever and they were just what I need for this card...


A little Bee cruising around the pollen filled flowers...


Simple gold embossed sentiment and yellow enamel dots..


Dimension, basically none...


And there we go..all done..

Phew, that was a long one..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you Sunday..

Luv CHRISSYxx




16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh my, a card making marathon with FANTASTIC resuts. They re all gorgeous! Hugs, Valerie

Janette said...

Hi Chrissy, well you have been busy, you must be worn out by now but worth it. I love Tulips, always so pretty when they come out, your cards looks beautiful and I have to say that little chubby bird is the cutest :)) xxx

Di said...

Gorgeous work Chrissy. I loved the step by step details.

Hugs
Di xx

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely stunning cards Chrissy love them all but especially the double punched frame one
Carol x

Chris said...

You HAVE been busy Chrissy! A beautiful selection of cards, the yellow tulips are gorgeous, fabulous designs and details- your punched edge frames look amazing too!
xx

*Vicki* said...

These are really amazing Chrissy! I love your tones achieved from the backgrounds you made and then of course with those sweet little birdies and your design details, it's made everything come together beautifully my friend! Thanks for the inspiration today!

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow gorgeous cards and all great designs Chrissy

gr karin

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Dawn T said...

Lots of lovely colours and textures Chrissy. Love them all.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow they all look fabulous You had some fun play there I can see. Your flowers are gorgeous and love the addition of the birds. I would have to say that last one is my favorite of them all!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! I love seeing how you put your cards together, it's quite mind-blowing to me, to see the final and gorgeous result. Fabulous cards.
Faith x

pinky said...

Wow what a post! Full of tips and tricks! Never would have thought to use Vaseline on a sprayed background!! The cards are absolutely gorgeous and the yellows really pop. I also love how you folded up your edges, such a great idea and I may have to case you!! Glad your pc made it through the updates. I always dread that too!!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful dies, colours and stunning card x

Leslie Miller said...

How wonderful and beautiful and fun your cards are! I came here from Carol's blog to see where she got her inspiration for the turned up lace edges. Well, I got that and so much more. I love your work!

Sarah said...

Wowsers they are stunning!! That must have been a marathon crafty session!! xx

Brenda said...

All amazing cards, Chrissy. I LOVE what you did with that first frame, brilliant!