Followers

Friday, September 23, 2022

BARRY ON THE BEACH..or is he?...

 Hello everyone,

Had some free play time today and wanted to join in with Tag Tuesday and their theme is Books/Book pages..time to destroy an old phone book for the love of CRAFT..

But first I need some images and had an idea..


These piles of book were a freebie colouring in pages site..printed and fussy cut..


Then fetched Barry out of a colouring folder as I knew what I needed to do..


He was fussy cut by cutting away the sandcastle and the spade then slipped into place....


Onto the phone book...


Cut my tag shape and had all my bits ready to go..


I screwed up the pages to get more texture
 then glued them down with a glue stick..


When all dry I inked up the edges...




Glued down the books after colouring with my markers..
and the labels were added after printing them out on computer.


Barry coloured with my pencils, my favourite way to colour him..


A close up of the book labels......
Maths, I hear you ask, well, yes, he has to learn to count the Bee's to make sure he can make all the honey..


and there he is, all coloured with a glossy nose and looking pretty excited..

Thank you so much for stopping by..

I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter..

Tag Tuesday  [books/book pages]




18 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Cool tag, so much to look at and read, miss brilliant card/tag/day surgery maker xx

Janette said...

Well first of all, wow, this has been so well put together, I love the book stack which I grabbed and never used, guess who's mind is racing now :)) love Barry, he always looks so cute and the background is brilliant, I have never thought to use a phone book, hate books being used to be honest but who cares about this one!!!!!! Anyways, long story short, I love this cute tag and the book titles are a hoot.xx

WendyK said...

A fabulous tag, love the pile of books and the titles you have given them. Thank you for sharing with us on Tag Tuesday.

Valerie-Jael said...

I'm in love with Barry, what a handsome bear, and he's even literate! Thanks so much for this faabulous tag for Tag Tuesday, much appreciated! Hugs, Valerie

Margreet said...

Love your tag with the adorable Barry. Gorgeous idea to label all the books (love the texts). Great how to get rid of your telephone book.
xxx Margreet

jimlynn said...

Fantastic bookmark! Love the distressed look too.
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous tag Chrissy love the books and Barry,great book paper background-we haven't had a phone book for years!
Carol x

Chris said...

awww, love this Chrissy- anything to do with books appeals to me and Barry is always a winner.
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

fabuloussssssss tag Chrissy

gr karin

*Vicki* said...

I love your wonderful book page tag here Chrissy! The idea using Barry to stamp, cut out and sit on top of your books is so clever!! Super cute!

Dawn T said...

so cute Chrissy. Barney looks excited to be sitting on his books. Very intellectual looking too.

Conniecrafter said...

So cute, I love the titles you put on the books and how you used just a portion of the bear image!

Donna Ellis said...

How darling, Chrissy!

Sarah said...

LOL a brilliant bookmark xx

Barb said...

How fun, I love everything about this little guy atop all his books. Thanks for going through the steps you took, it's interesting to learn how other people put their artwork together, and I can learn new things! Isn't it wonderful how you started with such dull-looking items, shown in the "on to the phonebook photo," and your end result is so stunning?

Michele said...

this is a gorgeous tag and so well done! thank you for sharing your process and thanks for linking to tag tuesday! xo

Sandra Wright. said...

Your Tag is so cute, all the work you did to create such a great background paid off as its fantastic.
Thank you for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday xx

pinky said...

What a great idea to use an old phone book Chrissy and great how you tore the pages so we couldn't phone anyone lol. Brilliant little tag. He looks so perfect perched on his books, ready for the year ahead!! Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday!
Pinky