Followers

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW...

 Hello everyone,

Another fun Christmas card to share, it is a commission.


I cut a rectangle hole...


and made several layers of frames to go over it...



Well, that's what happens when you jump up uninvited..


Cut another frame, this is now my wall paper..


My night sky with inks and a sponge,
 then swiped the ink pad across as it was going too slow...and
I quite like the effect after the snow was added..


Made a window with my frames, by adding strips of card in a crisscross.


The last frame was in silver glitter card, 
and here she is standing up..


My sky, moon, and trees were placed..
and I added snow all over the place..


Made a signpost but used distress inks and the snow turned brown!!


On the outside of the window [inside the card] I added glue and white flower soft snow..




tried to fix the brown snow with ink..


This happened and I'm still not happy..


So then decided to decorate the outside of the house...
These were sent to me by my friend Janette [ thank you Sweetie]


and added pretty lights...



Back inside, I found this chair on the net and fussy cut it out...


added the cats sitting watching the weather outside.. and tiny pearl details on the chair..



and tiny pearl details on the chair..



Though I had better decorate in inside too, 
so, more fir branches and lights.. and had a play with the snow at the windows.
When the snow or glue dried, the snow sort of melted or disappeared, add loads more glue and a heavy handful of flower soft..now it has worked.. 




Looking down onto the card..


And the card open, laying flat...with a new signpost, ripped the other off, made this bigger to cover my mess and did not use Distress ink, snow nice and white now..




And that card front all finished and decorated for Christmas with her two white cats,

So, there we go, thank you so much for stopping by,
I'll see you Wednesday for DT..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Critter Crazy Challenge  [anything goes must have critter]

A Perfect time to Craft   [anything goes]

Cards Galore Encore  [anything goes]

Crafty Animals Challenge  [anything goes but must have animal]








15 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, such a lot of work. The star is your beautiful kitty, so helpful. lol Anesha x

Janette said...

Another wonderful card design Chrissy, I just love to see all this coming together. I think the chair is a brilliant idea and the kitties are adorable. A big hit.xx

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card and your window scene is amazing... xx

Chris said...

So lovely Chrissy, beautifully designed and put together, the view from your window is stunning! Great idea to add the armchair and cats, such a cosy feel!
xx

jimlynn said...

A work of art and I know whoever gets this will love it too. So very pretty!
Lynn

pinky said...

I'm jealous of your little helper, looks how nice she sat for you!! Absolutely stunning card Chrissy!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and very beautiful card Chrissy

gr karin

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Amazing work Chrissy, your patience to make these fabulous creations is an envy of mine. Love your card.
Faith x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Chrissy love your inside/outside view through the window and the little cats on the chaie.The lights on the die-cut foliage look brilliant
Carol x

Conniecrafter said...

A fantastic scene on the outside and inside, great touch with adding the cats on the chair looking out the window, that is just perfect and I love the branches with the lights too, as always your outside scene is terrific!

Dawn T said...

wow Chrissy. An amazing card. So much work but it looks worth it.

*Vicki* said...

First, I have to say that I love the way you've "framed" kitty!! LOL!! Your window design is absolutely stunning with the fluffy sparkle snow and all! Brilliantly done my friend!

Brenda said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love that Holly and her friend are peeking outside at your beautiful scene.

Pia S said...

Good to see I’m not the only one experiencing mess ups and booboos along the way. Everything is fixable:) You’ve got a great eye for details and imagination for fun card concepts.

Carole J said...

A gorgeous Christmas card, Chrissy, and fabulous step by step photos. It really was a labour of love and is utterly delightful. I love that you can look from the outside in and from the inside out! The pearl studded chair with the two white cats is a wonderful detail, as is the bough with fairy lights on the interior wall.
Thank you for sharing your talent with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” October Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations