Followers

Friday, October 21, 2022

SOMETHING DIFFERENT..

 Hello everyone,

Today is Friday and a public holiday in our small city.. 

Hawke's Bay Anniversary Day commemorates the separation of Hawke's Bay province..

So, there you go..

Today I'm sharing a card for commission, Something different and include an owl..


A chance to use these gorgeous papers from Stamperia.



And picked out this gorgeous boy..


Had a moon ready to go, and some branches all painted and ready..


Made my background with inks, Uncharted Mariner and black soot.
and added snowflakes..


More die cut leaves to colour...


Done..


and quite happy with them, considering I picked up the wrong pen.


Now my Owl was sitting on a very small piece of tree stump, and I needed it bigger
 for what I was going to do...




So I added some wood grain card stock then inked all over it to hide the join
then stamped it with a crackle stamp and black ink..




Added some branches here and there
along with pine cones..I think it came out pretty good..




After a splattering of white ink, we were ready to put together..




I was really happy with this..


Not too much dimension.


And here he is, with his envelope, 
ready for his journey to wherever he might end up..

Thank you so much for stopping by..

I'll see you Sunday, hope you have a wonderful weekend and take care out there..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

ABC Christmas challenge  [U for unusual colour]

Fab N Funky   [Seasons Greetings]








17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is fantastic Chrissy, you put so much work into your cards, and i love seeing all the different steps. Enjoy your public holiday! Hugs, Valerie

Janette said...

Hi Chrissy, stunning, love the Owl and that moon is fabulous, you have created such a beautiful scene.
Hope you enjoyed your little holiday, I always laugh when someone says that to me because every day is a kind of holiday now haha..xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Happy cute card, love Stamperia papers and the owl is amazing... hope you enjoyed your extra holiday this weekend and stunning card x

Margreet said...

Stunning, Chrissy. I have first copied your background as I love it so much. Now my thinking cap on to move on.
I am very glad to have a friend to go for a walk with, as Joop hardly walk anymore (due to his health).
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

WoW1 I love tis one Chrissy, the owl is magnificent and you have designed such a wonderful setting for him.
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and Owl Chrissy,great background,dies and love the moons you create
Carol x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Chrissy this is amazing I love it so much an awesome creation
hugs
lorraine x

*Vicki* said...

The owl is really stunning and I love your gorgeous snowy backdrop with him and that glowing moon behind him as well! Beautifully done as always my friend!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful Chrissy, great job

gr karin

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

All so beautifully put together Chrissy, love the owl and the moon and all the other wonderful details. It's a WOW! card.
Faith x

Pia S said...

The beauty is in all the amazing details of this design. A wonderful scene turned Christmasy for this beautiful owl. Gorgeous!

Lynda said...

Such a fabulous card - love all the attention to detail and your process. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

Buffy said...

Gorgeous card.
Thank you for joining in with us at Fab'n'Funky challenges.
Buffy (DT) xx

pinky said...

It's an amazing card Chrissy. That owl is beautiful where you have placed in. Such a gorgeous card!

Lorraine said...

Another stunner Chrissy. I love to see all your pictures - so much time and care into each card you make.
Lorraine x

Brenda said...

You inspired me and I made enough moons to last quite awhile. Not as beautiful as yours, but a good start. Once again you have me in awe. This is just such a serene setting you have created. The owl is beautiful, and just perfect.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow I love this and I am sure the person asking for it will too. Very creative way to add height to the tree stump :) Love the snowy feel to it too. Another great job on the moon and background