Followers

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

SPOOKY HALLOWEEN...DT

 Hello everyone,

Time for a new challenge over at Little Red Wagon  where I am hostess this week with a challenge for you  and the theme is " SPOOKY HALLOWEEN "  or cute if you want, I'm not too bossy..

My project...and lots of pictures of course..


I don't celebrate Halloween, but I do love to make Halloween stuff, and it is all in the shops and I only ever had one trick or treat child that I remember who blatantly asked..."Got any treats ", I really wanted to throw a bucket of water over his head, but my husband back then wouldn't let me..so I just slammed the door in his face...[gently of course]


So, pumpkins are a must for me for these projects..
and I have plenty of them thanks to Annie who sent some dies to me [Thanks Annie] plus I had some really good ones as well..


Houses cut in black, lights on..gold or in some cases read ones [said in a very scary quiet voice..]


One house has no lights at all!!!!!!!!!!!


They were all edged in a moonlight glow...😈


All my bits cut out and shadows added and stuff.....



Then onto my sky...sprays and inks and all sorts of carrying on..


I got there...


I made a big black hill shape and placed the church on the top of that hill..


Moon glowed the grass...


Made some creepy toadstools...


and a big eerie moon...


That bats flew right in front of from one branch to another...


All sorts of things lurking in the grass...


spiders as well as black toadstools...


Poor unsuspecting fools with all their lights on - don't they know that on Halloween you hide in the closet or under the bed.........all bright, except for one house - who lives in there!!!!!


So, the scene is set and I'm dry in the mouth..


I would not walk on those stepping stones....


It is time..............RUN!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Dragonfly Dreams  [ Autumn /Halloween]

Crafty Calendar   [Halloween]

Taylormade cards4U   [Halloween]







25 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Chrissy love the moon... how did you do that.

gr karin

Janette said...

I think you outdid yourself here Chrissy, what a fantastic scene you created, I mean amazing, I love it and had to sit studying it to make sure I didn't miss anything. Fabulous, love it and all thos wonderful toadstools, yummy haha. The story of the kid at your house made me wonder if he ever realised how close he came that night, poor thing, now that would have been a shocker. :))xxx

Doreen said...

Love your card Chrissy, such a lot of attention to detail.xxx

Chris said...

Oh Chrissy you are a tonic! What a shock that bucket of water would have been for the trick or treater- might have taught him some manners! I remember years ago my Mum getting fed up with kids knocking the door so she turned out the lights, put a blanket over her head and loomed out at them shieking "Trick" at the top of her voice- the kids all screamed and legged it down the road! It was SO funny at the time!
Your card is AMAZING! So many details I don't know where to begin- I love all of it!
Thank you for the entertainment:)
xx

coldwaters2 said...

WOW this is amazing Chrissy so much detail and colour it is a perfect card for Halloween
hugs
lorraine x

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely brilliant Chrissy -fabulous moon with the bats and love all the pumpkins and toadstools
Carol x

Margreet said...

Love the comments you give under each photo. It's a great Halloween masterpiece!
xxx Margreet

jimlynn said...

So many details and so much fun! Fabulous!
Lynn

Chris said...

Hi Chrissy, more than happy to come back for another look at this fabulous card! Just to say thank you for joining in with our Halloween Challenge at Crafty Calendar.
xx

Paperesse said...

Oh, my! That is one awesome card!!! Bravo, well done! I am so impressed by all the work you put into creating this beauty. I feel downright lazy in comparison.

Kate said...

Your card is amazing!! Each little detail is absolutely fantastic although I must say that the moon is my favourite of all. It looks sensational with the branch and bats!!

Dawn T said...

stunning Chrissy. So many amazing elements, colours and textures.

aussie aNNie said...

Touch of class, inspiration and clever design here... great one Chrissy

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant card and a touch of class with those colour and amazing dies x

chrissy xx said...

What a FABulous fun card Chrissy. Not to scary. So much to see! LOve everything about it, even down to the poor woman peeking out to see what's going on!!
Chrissyxx

Conniecrafter said...

For not being into Halloween you have really done an amazing scene. Great idea making the houses black, love your background and that awesome moon. Like how you tucked the pumpkins in among the mushrooms, so cool!
I use to get excited about trick or treaters but around here it has mainly gone to the older kids that really don't dress up just want some candy so we quit doing it.

*Vicki* said...

Your spooky scene here is really amazing Chrissy! I absolutely love how you've placed all of your images together for this wonderfully spooky Halloween scene! I just love it all! Thanks for sharing your inspiration! HUGS

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Chrissy, Love all the rich colours and all the layers
Lorraine x

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow.. this is such a fantastic creation! Love all the fun and spooky Halloween embellishments. <3

Sarah said...

This is MAGNIFICENT!! xx

Carol L said...

The work that went into this card is just phenomenal!! My goodness, this is spooktacular in so many ways - a great Halloween make! You really rose to the occasion in making this card, and I love every little detail!

JanR said...

What an amazing card, Chrissy! So many cool elements to look at.....I especially love the peeking witch.

Pia S said...

This card looks amazing with all those die cut details and beautiful inking. I can spot a headskull hidden amongst the pumpkins too. And the little hidden witch. Super fun!

Brenda said...

This card is so full of wonderful details. I kinda feel like I am looking at a Halloween whereʻs Waldo. I love the houses and that gorgeous, eerie moon best.

pinky said...

You are an expert scene builder for sure Chrissy. This one is just amazing and so colourful.