Followers

Wednesday, December 21, 2022

ANGELS..DT

 Hello everyone,

Last challenge for the year 2022 for LITTLE RED WAGON and it our lovely Imkes turn to host this week and her theme is ...ANGELS..

I went a little overboard with this one, but it has gone to a very special lady in our community who was a very good close friend to " My Lady "..all those years ago, and she is a minister and loves my cards..


So, on this day ,as many of my days start while I'm still in my jammies, I was die cutting.


and made a lovely little bunch of poinsettias..


I added gold centers first and then went with white..


Found this cute set in my stash and this was the chance to use it..
I know, it is a cherub not really an angel, but I think a cherub is a baby angel isn't it?


Moving on, a box of goodies to play with..


The flowers were a bit flat and seeing them in that box,  
all red and flat I decided to ink them..


See the difference...


sorted out papers and card stock..


Made some floral embellishments..


Matted it all up..


and started with the inside, which I normally do, but just don't show it really..


Working on the front panel, I was getting pretty excited this stage..


So popped on all the floral arrangements and that sweet little cherub..


Big and small berries..


Oh, she is dimensional alright..


and here she is, all done and I even added those little corner details too, more gold baubles and the odd white to fill gaps..

While typing this post, my cell rang and it was Elisabeth, the recipient, and she was over the moon delighted with her card, so that was really nice..



Thank you so much for stopping by for our last challenge post of the year..

Luv CHRISSYxx




17 comments:

chrissy xx said...

So much detail! So many pretty embellishments.
A Truly FABulous card Chrissy.
Chrissyxx

chrissy xx said...

Thank you soooo much for my GORgeous Christmas card Chrissy.
So much appreciated.
Hugs
Chrissyxx

Chris said...

Of course Elizabeth was delighted with this fabulous card- who wouldn't be!! It's a stunner Chrissy.
xx

aussie aNNie said...

Crafting in PJ's is the best good on you my lovely friend and one amazing card. xx

Janette said...

Hi Chrissy, this is a beautiful card, so pretty and festive.I hope you have still something else to come before Santa gets here, love seeing what your up to :))xxx

jimlynn said...

Your snow covered poinsettias are so pretty. Love your beautiful card and all that dimension of course!
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Lynn

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful Chrissy

gr karin

Paperesse said...

What a stunning card, Chrissy! I know the recipient adored it. Happy Holidays to you!

Margreet said...

I so love your photos of the making of.....I have tried copying you a bit which you will see on my blog next Friday.
Your card is wonderful, no wonder the recipient ranged to thank you!
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous festive card and love all the fabuloud dies and dimension
Carol x

*Vicki* said...

Wow, what a beauty this is Chrissy! Love your angel nestled among the snow covered pine boughs!! Absolutely gorgeous!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I can only imagine her excitement getting this beautiful creation of yours, that dimension is something else! So wonderful to be able to add whatever comes to mind with no restrictions of mailing it!

Imke said...

I bet it was difficult to send this lovely bulky card. It is beautiful - as always a work of art.
Merry Christmas to your and your loved ones !

Hugs from Germany,
Imke
CRAFTY PLACE

Brenda said...

Amazing, Chrissy. Youʻve put your Angel to work beautifully! I guess by now Christmas is over for you, but I still want to wish you seasonʻs greetings and pray that you have had a wonderful holiday!

JanR said...

Aw! Love that the recipient called while you were making the post. Incredible card, Chrissy! All the die cuts are so lovely. And, I agree...cherubs are definitely baby angels. I hope you had a fantastic Christmas, Girlfriend!

Pia S said...

It's so beautiful with all those die cut layers and little baby angel, your card looks like it could weigh a ton, but it sure is gorgeous!

Kate said...

Happy New Year, Chrissy!! Wishing you all the best for 2023!

As always, your card is a work of art! Your poinsettias look incredible and all the extras you've added to your card are stunning - especially that fabulous little angel!