Followers

Saturday, April 29, 2023

MUSHROOM MANIA..

 Hello everyone,

Big post today, lots to see and I had so much fun doing all these..

My title tells it all, I went quite silly with backgrounds and mushrooms...

Sorry, there are a lot of photos with this one..



A cardboard box cut into three panels, then the layer of paper on top peeled off in places, that is what I started with, not hard, and quite relaxing..


Die cut this large and fun mushroom die set and shaded up the edges with dark grey ink..


Inked up the tops with red distress ink then sprayed it all with water..


Taking the panel, I added gesso with a spatula thinking it was modelling paste...duh!.


When dry I started adding ink..letting it run down in a drizzle, with lots of water..


Die cut leaves, added the mushroom tops and quite happy with the panel at this stage..


added a bit of ink to the leaves to bring some life into them..


While I put that lot aside to dry etc, I found my masking tape and decided to make a log..


And it really is this easy..
just squish the tape onto a piece of card..


Add more squished tape until you have the panel full..


Then paint with gesso, that will fill gaps and hold it all together, you can paint with glue first, but I forgot to do that..


Then the fun part with spraying..


Just keep spraying and dryng, until you have it..


Another panel, this time with Tim Holtz Distress Grit paste


When dried, spray it..


Dry in between the layers, not totally, just a bit.


Neat..


When totally dry, it darkens up real well..


Gave this leaf a spray too..


This mushroom I made orange...


Deep and dark and added lots of water so it could react..


Then added Nuvo stone drops on it.


But the white reacted with the oxide and the spots went orange...can't have that, so..
I cut new tops and,


Coloured with Stampin' up inks, from years ago..


and these two were put together and done, after adding Moss



After all that fun, the urge to make more bark was there and going to stay, so made a whole panel up this time, not just a log..

This time using water paints out of a tube.


First layer..


Second layer...


Third layer...


and then mixed all the paints together and finished it off...


Yep, guess who, she was so hungry and neglected, had cough, and feeling rejected and miserable and alone and sat there staring at me..right in the middle of my mushrooms.
So I took a break and gave her some chicken and her biscuits..


Came back and made purple mushrooms..
same as before but on a bark background with moss and leaves..


And there we go, three panels, three colours of mushrooms,
 and fat and full cat, all was good..

Thank you so much for stopping by..

I'll see you Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Crafty Catz  [anything goes]

Creative Fingers   [anything goes]

Cut it Up challenge   [Whats in your garden]

Creative Inspiration Challenge   [anything goes]







22 comments:

Lochhildegard said...

Ooohhh wouwwwww!!!! This is so stunning 💖 💖 💖 💖 and I love your sweet little Helper💖 thank you for your Tutorial👍
Hugs
Hilde

Donna Triffitt said...

Wowers Chrissy, these are just fantastic. love your ideas of the bark as well. Brilliant!! Hugs Donna x

Janette said...

Fabulous work Chrissy you must have been exhausted by the time you were done, but they all look amazing.
Glad Holly got her chicken and biscuits, haha, she is so cute.xx

aussie aNNie said...

I am speechless, I have run out of words... but this is just BRILLIANT....XX

chrissy xx said...

WoW! I've studded every picture today Chrissy.
Just FABulous! LOve all the colours of your mushrooms, great designs.
Chrissyxx

Lynne said...

It's amazing what you do with bits of card and tape Chrissy! Love the mushrooms in different colours too, but I think the orange is my favourite x

chrissy xx said...

I've got to take a second look! With my official hat on Chrissy.
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Crafty Catz.
GDT Chrissyxx

jimlynn said...

I'm pretty much speechless! WOW, WOW, WOW! Amazing and just beautiful.
Lynn

crafty-stamper said...

These are amazing Chrissy fabulous backgrounds and mushrooms,love how you made the bark and thank you for the inspiration-fancy crafting and neglecting poor Holly lol
Carol x

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely fabulous, the loveliest mushrooms I have ever seen! But how can you neglect that poor, starving cat?!!! Glad she got something in the end, they are such actors! Hugs, Valerie

Margreet said...

Love your panels with the mushrooms in all colours. Don't know which colour I love most. Great to see the making of. You were so busy that you neglected poor Holly.
xxx Margreet

Dawn T said...

stunning Chrissy. All that work has produced an amazing textured background.

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in with your wonderful project!
DT - Val & Nan x
Creative Inspiration Challenges

Conniecrafter said...

these are fantastic, you are so creative with your log and the corrugated makes such great tree looking pieces. The mushrooms are colored so cool, I will have to try inking next time instead of using my markers and see if they come out any better for me, such great inspiration!

*Vicki* said...

Wow what brilliant mushroom panels you've made here! I love all of the different ways you've created the texture with the cardboard along with the coloring you've added to them and your mushrooms! Very cool mixed media play my friend!

pinky said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, YOU ARE AMAZING! I would never think of even adding the right amount of shading to diecuts let alone create a tree bark background!!! Absolutely love these.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

More WOWZER creatables, with a stunning effect Chrissy. Gorgeous and amazing work.
Faith x

Pia S said...

You know how to make wood out of paper and tape, that’s for sure. So realistic and the perfect background for your mushrooms. The mushrooms are beautifully colored and shaded and I love that you chose purple for one set, never would have thought of that, or dared to try, but it works!

Larelyn said...

What an amazing process with absolutely stunning results. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up "What's in your Garden" challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Jackie C said...

WOW! Chrissy, these could NOT be more splendid!
We are delighted you chose to share your creation with us at Cut It Up!
Please do come back again!
All the best, Jackie DT xxx

Heather said...

Wow!!! These are amazing!! Your mushrooms are gorgeous (specially those purple ones!) and those backgrounds are impressive!! I love you you created bark with the masking tape; I would have never guessed that's what it is. Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

Brenda said...

I love these, Chrissy! The log/bark is absolutely amazing and is now on my try it list. Thanks for sharing your process.