Followers

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

NAUTICAL DRINK COASTERS..

 Hello everyone,

Back to share another set of coasters and I'm a bit disappointed with them as I over smudged..


I started with this fabulous paper, nautical set 8x11 
Uniti " Oceania" A4..they are quite thick but I went for it, even though I preached about using thin papers!!..


The circles I cut were thickish, but the anchor was cut with silver-ish paper...


Seagulls cut with paper.


and layered onto the anchor..


A bit of trimming around the edges..


and sealed ready for shadows...and that is where it went wrong..


I overshadowed and tried to remove it, but not thinking, I was dry wiping, where as a baby wipe or damp cloth would have settled it all down, I totally forgot about that..


So there they are all smudged and I'm not happy..
but white splattering did me make me feel a bit better..


So all in all, I got over it and they are okay..

Thank you so much for stopping by, I'll see tomorrow.....twice!..

Luv CHRISSYxx







11 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are sweet and beautiful Chrissy

gr karin

Janette said...

I like them smudges and all Chrissy.xx

Margreet said...

You saved your coasters with the white slattering, Chrissy. They look awesome.
xxx Margreet

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous, Chrissy, you have the best ideas! Hugs, Valerie

Chris said...

They are more than OK Chrissy, they're beautiful!
xx

crafty-stamper said...

These are brilliant Chrissy love the splattering,seagulls and the shadows look fine
Carol x

Conniecrafter said...

Don't you just hate when you put in all the work and then something doesn't turn out how you were hoping, I think they look great and the splattering was a great addition to them :)

Brenda said...

I love the ways these turned out. They may not look that way your saw them in your mindʻs eye, but they are fabulous!

*Vicki* said...

The layout design of your coasters are super cute with the seagull and anchors! I think that the white splatters really helped it out too! Sometimes when I mass produce something, I tend to forget steps! You've covered it up very smartly my friend!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

More of your absolute creativeness, saved the day and look fabulous.
Faith x

Lisa said...

Super coasters! I love the addition of the splatters, that really brings them to life.