Followers

Friday, May 12, 2023

USING UP WEEKEND STUFF..

 Hello everyone,

What a busy and fast week this has been, I'm behind in most things, my Son has turned up for a visit from the storm ravaged Auckland and my daughter, husband and one son are IN Auckland waiting on a flight home as the weather has postpone or cancelled flights,they have been away on holiday in Aussie, so I was hoping they made it, otherwise I was going to be the mean Nana and taking Ava to the vet to get spayed...[ take a breath]....they made it, I'm still the good one..phew..

So with all that said, I'm cooking for 12 this Saturday, as that is what I like to do for the family, we are celebrating one grandson's 9th Birthday, welcome home to Dean, and, why not!!! let's eat kind of night, so big day cooking today and getting organized and I'll have photos for Mondays post...gosh I love it..

But for today...I have a rocker card to share using up my weekend prep stuff..


First up, new light house die..love it..
I cut it in, then red, then inlayed the red onto the white..


Then I inked it within an inch of its life to make it dirty and mossy as it has been guiding the ships for a long time in all sorts of weather..


I also had die cut, anchors, ship wheels, and a boat
 and layered them up to make them thicker and sturdier..


Inked everything up..


Stanley and his brothers came along for the ride, and the big cousin from down south!!


Using clous dies, I made rocks for the base of the light house.


Sorted papers out, from scraps, but not sure if I will use them, but better to be prepared..


White clouds and gold stars..


Gluing elements together..better and easier to glue clusters on that individual sometimes..


Then we wait for glue to dry..


After making the rocker base, I glued my clusters on...


Now we had to make it balance..so another star or two and a bird
and then a barrel..


There's the big bird..and the enamel embossing stuff, you heat it from the bottom, the name escapes me at the moment..I'll probably remember at about 2.30 in the morning..



A side view, and it is holding it's own with the balance..




But there he is, standing up, but if you flick it, it nearly tips right over, gentle is the key..

Thank you so much for stopping by,
 I will try and keep up over the weekend but it's going to be a busy time,
 but will definitely see you Monday.

Have a good one..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Ellibelles crafty Wednesday   [anything goes]

Fab n Funky    [things with wings]

Cardz 4 Guys   [get messy with inks, paints, sprays ]






18 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Pity you didn't come over here with the family, we could have finally met after all these years xx
Absolutely stunning rocker my friend and gosh you rock with your amazing designs, added goodies and always a pleasure to read on your blog details xx

Janette said...

Hi Chrissy, first of all, glad your family are all safe and sound.
I love this wonderful card, so much gong on its fabulous, I do know that embossing stuff, oh is it Utee....anyways, I love this.
Hope you have a great night, sure you will these times are the best, I love it when we all gather, eat and enjoy each others company.xxx

dj said...

Sponging all those pieces and parts...very messy!! Thanks for "getting messy" with us over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! You rocked the masculine element of our challenge with your nautical themed card! -Deb Horst, DT #C4G321

Chris said...

Wow Chrissy what a fantastic creation- all those die cuts layered up so perfectly! I love your new lighthouse die- especially after you gave it the 'Chrissy treatment'.
Enjoy your family celebration- they're so lucky to have a Mum who enjoys cooking for them!
xx

Ellibelle said...

So many wonderful details on this nautical themed card, loving how it turned out!
Sounds like you have busy but fun day planned for tomorrow! Enjoy the family time!

Thank you so much for sharing this month at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Pamela said...

Wow, thank you for sharing all the pictures and details on how you get MESSY creating this card. I love all the layers and the hard work you put into this. Hope to see you soon again at C4Guyz

Julie B said...

Wow, that's a lot of work you've put into this fab card. Love all the elements that you arranged so perfectly to balance it out. Thanks for getting messy with us at Cardz4Guyz. :)

jimlynn said...

So many details and so pretty. Love the nautical theme and that lighthouse. Fantastic! Have a great weekend with all your family.
LYnn

*Vicki* said...

Wow, your rocker card is just brilliant Chrissy! I love all of the different die cut elements you've added for the scene and the embossing details really make it stand out beautifully! Even though there will be so much going, hope that you will remember the important things and just enjoy the moments together as it will go by fast! Have a lovely weekend friend!

pam said...

Fabulous sea theme makes Chrissy,
Pam x

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card Chrissy

gr karin

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Nautical rocker card love all the die-cut elements espacially the seagulls and lighthouse-I love lighthouses lol-I definitely don't envy you cooking for 12!
Carol x

Conniecrafter said...

Fantastic seaside scene you have created, such great details and arranging of it all, love the flying bird at the top. I can only imagine that was interesting getting it all evened out so it would stand.
Hope you enjoy all that family time this weekend!

Dawn T said...

a really stunning project Chrissy. Hope the family gathering went well.

Sarah said...

Pleased everyone is back home safe and sound and your get together sounds wonderful!! Love this card, something special about a rocker!! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! How wonderful to have all your family together, I love it when that happens. Your card is amazing, so many incredible details, as always, I would get lost doing all you do. Stunning, remarkable details and card.
Faith x

Pat said...

Lovely card with a great image and super bird, thanks for sharing with us at Fab'n'Funky.

Pat xx

Brenda said...

This is amazing, Chrissy! I canʻt believe the process to make a beauty like this. Hope you had a wonderful meal, itʻs so good that you can all get together.