Followers

Thursday, July 13, 2023

CHRISTMAS OR NEW YEAR...DT

 Hello everyone,

Wednesday today, which is .... LITTLE RED WAGON   time and Imke is our lovely hostess this week with her theme of Christmas or New Year?

Oh, Christmas for me, I LOVE Christmas and making cards and projects with the Christmas theme..


and I finally got my hands on an ice skate boot die..


and I cut them out three times, white, light brown, and silver mirror.
then paper pieced it altogether.


found a needle that I could see to thread this fine string and laced the boots up..



okay, my laces are a bit loose, but I'll do better next time,
 and there will be as they are so fun to play with..


die cut some pine cones and pine branches with berries and some 
random branches and made my cluster..


isn't it funny how the light changes from one photo to another,
 can be really annoying..


Anyway, making so panels with oddments of Christmas papers..


matted all of them with light brown card stock


Dimension...a little bit.


Popped the boots onto the woodgrain panel and added snow [but wished I hadn't] 


Shiny blades on those boots..


see, I don't like my snow this time..so I think
a good dose of splattering white ink will do the trick to fix things..


And it did..here we go, all done..


So come on over and join us HERE
would love to see you..

Thank you so much for stopping by..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter

Christmas crafts Creations   [anything goes]




Crafty Gals Corner   [Christmas in July]

Merry Little Christmas Challenge   [anything Christmas goes]







22 comments:

Chris said...

It would be Christmas for me too Chrissy! Love your fabulous card, beautifully designed and those boots look great- a brilliant idea to add the laces! xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Soooo Christmassy and sooo gorgeous, Chrissy. I love everything about it.
Faith x

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! A wonderful card for the holidays. I love the ice skake die and the lacing is a great touch. VERY pretty card!
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

What a stunning Christmas design here Chrissy! I love that you've used the thread for lacing up the skates! The pines, woodgrain papers and wonderful texture you've got with the splatters look amazing! Nicely done!

Margreet said...

You did a great job with lacing up the fab skate boots. They look so real.
White splattering was a good solution!
xxx Margreet

Valerie-Jael said...

Your attention to detail is fantastic, those boots really are the bees-knees! Hugs, Valerie

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Christmas card Chrissy,love all the splattering and the laced up boots
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning Chrissy, love the boots and all that splatter x

KarinsArtScrap said...

fab and beautiful christmas card Chrissy.

gr karin

Dawn T said...

Stunning Chrissy. What a gorgeous Christmas card.

Janette said...

Lacing those skates up was a brilliant idea and I love it Chrissy, what a gorgeous card.xx

Conniecrafter said...

I love your skates with the silver blades and all laced up :) I like the touch with your snow but like you said splattering always gives it that little extra. Beautiful!

Paperesse said...

Another gorgeous make, Chrissy!!! Love those skates, the greenery and the 'snow'.

Imke said...

As always a fabulous card, Chrissy. I also like the detail on the skates and all the other extras on the card.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

pinky said...

It just screams Christmas fun! I love the layout and all the gorgeous elements you have used, even lacing the boots up!!

Doni High said...

Awesome card! Love everything about it!

JanR said...

Beautiful card, Chrissy! The attention to detail with the shiny blades and the laced skates is excellent! I love it!

Kate said...

I can't believe you actually threaded the skates!! They're amazing - and with the shiny blades as well! Wow!! Such an awesome card, Chrissy!!

Brenda said...

Beautiful , Chrissy. I love the way you mounted your skates on the paper panels and the snow and splatters definitely add to the love wintery feel.

Lady Joyful said...

Great card, Chrissy. I really like the skates. Please note that to be eligible for our prizes, or to be our winner or honourable mention, you should include our challenge graphic in your blog post. I'll check back before the challenge end date to see if you've updated to be eligible :) Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Fiona said...

Such a lovely card - I love your process with those skates and I quite liked the snow but can see it looks good with all the splatters. I'm glad you entered our graphic so you are in with a chance of the win. Good luck and thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Craft Creations

Anna said...

This is an aboluelty amazing card. I love all of the details and how beautiful the end result was. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Christmas Craft Creations Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Anna, Design Team