Followers

Monday, August 28, 2023

UNDER THE SEA....

 Hello everyone..

I'm so sorry if some of these posts get so long, I can't help myself, I just get going then I can't edit pictures because they all good-ish.

So here we go..


Die cutting first, so out they all came, my under the sea die..


and it really took me awhile to figure it out..it's my fish..


There they are in the cup, tiny little fish, and all my sea weed and corals cut and ready for inking and gluing down..


Then I found this piece that I had made so used as well for the weeds under the sea..


This is a panel I made and showed the other day and decided on two panels, two cards.


Very shimmery and trying catch that here, but, nope it went all dark..


Die cut some cork for the sandy bottom and started gluing things down as nothing likes to stick on a shimmery background or cork, so had to get ahead and weight it all down..


This one was cut in grey and pink and the pink was cut off the top went on top of the grey.
 paper pieced in other words..


Ahhh, Mr.Turtle, I love this guy, he was cut in kraft and smooshed into inks..
now he looks a bit camouflaged.


and then he got a gem for his eye..


So gluing continued and weighted down..


I got on my hands and knees to get into this cabinet to get this stamp set out and sort of got stuck and couldn't get up, that was a bit worrying, finally managed it, but not a good look..lol..


One sheet of corrugated card stock in this colour left,, which went well for the background..



They stand up....but..


and look pretty good....but


Something was missing, there was not enough, I needed more....so



Out came my shells and hot glue..


and a starfish...



and onion bag netting...


NOW! I was happy..

So there you go..
two cards on a Sunday afternnoon, and the whole family for dinner that night...phew..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

We Love to Create    [anything mixed media goes]

Cut It Up    [under the sea]

My Time to Craft    [use die cuts]

Creative Inspirations    [anything goes]








17 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are beautiful Chrissy

gr karin

Janette said...

Firstly, I love your posts Chrissy, always make me smile so please keep it up, plus its good to see things come together.
These are wonderful scenes you have once again created. I love the backgrounds and the all the little elements you added are amazing.
Got to say I had such a laugh at the floor thing, I swear I did this the other week and I just couldn't get back up, nothing to hang onto, thankfully my son was at hand and managed to grapple me, with alot of laughing, back upright....what on earth happened, hahaha.xx

Chris said...

You have created two beautiful under the ocean scenes Chrissy, I always love the way you transform the die cuts with your clever inking, the attention you pay to each tiny detail really pays off. A lovely sentiment and the shells are a perfect finish.
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous under wayer themed card and said it before you always have the right brilliant die for every occasion.If I get down on hands and knees I have to make sure either someone else is there or I am within reach of something to pull myself up on!!!
Carol x

valscraftings said...

Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
DT – Val, Nan, Leigh, Cat x
https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

*Vicki* said...

Isn't it great to have some extra backgrounds made that you can just pull out when you need it?! My problem is I always forget about using them! LOL These turned out so pretty! Great idea to use cork for the sand! the scene are amazing!

Sarah said...

They are wonderful and the extra bits certainly finish them off lovely xx

Lorraine said...

These are brilliant Chrissy, love your under the sea scenes. Gorgeous designs
Lorraine x

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous card. I like seeing how your cards evolve, it must take a long time to get it all so well sorted. Hugs, Valeie

jimlynn said...

Awesome! I just love that turtle too. Everything about these are so beautiful. Loving the shells too!
Lynn

Brenda said...

I love all the pics and seeing your process. What beautiful cards you have turned out. Hope you had a lovely dinner.

Conniecrafter said...

Your under the sea creations are wonderful, your background is perfect, I totally love that turtle. The netting and the shells are a great touch to top it off!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fantabulous cards Chrissy, AND family to dinner? WOW! That is some feat. Super result.
Faith x

Wendy L said...

Both cards look great, lovely die cuts to make lovely scenes, thanks for playing at MTTC challenge, xx

CA Scrapper said...

Wow, those cards are gorgeous!! Thanks for joining our Under the Sea challenge at Cut It Up.

Leslie

Gerda said...

These cards are both beautiful!! Love the all the details and the pretty colors you used!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda

Larelyn said...

Oh Chrissy, these are stunning! I love the way you share your creative processing!! Thank you for joining our Cut it Up "Under the Sea" challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)