Followers

Friday, September 29, 2023

MUSHROOMS WATERCOLOURING..

 Hello everyone,

What a great day just water colouring, making a mess and playing with my mushrooms..


I did some die cutting with water paper..


and played with paint and water..


My palette got into a terrible mess, but easy clean,
 water it and pat with paper towels, works pretty good..


So back to painting, lots of water and reds and oranges, and even yellows..


Love these mushrooms, even left the little ones a brown/ grey colour..




Die cut some ferns in different green card stock.


and some I even painted..


painted the snails and started on another colour..


Purples, with dark grey and touches of black..


I love this snail too, he slimes into a lot of my projects these days..


and then it was all done and dry...such a great day..

The Next Day..

Then played with the red mushrooms first, to go with my new gorgeous
 Mintay papers Basic 12 ..Backgrounds fForal Wood


Picking papers were the hardest as I loved them all but didn't want to cut them!!


But I did it, [and went online and bought another pad or two..]


I distressed the edges of the panels


and wood embossed a kraft oval panel..


Added the mushrooms and some fern leaves..




not too dimensional..




and made it into a Get Well for a friend..

Not sure why I put those top mushrooms on there, it bothers me, but I have let it go..


So there we go..
Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Colour Throwdown  [ colour board ]


Ellibelle's crafty Wednesday  [ anything goes]







18 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful card you have made Chrissy

gr karin

aussie aNNie said...

These are amazing layers and love the mushroom here, fabulous card design xx

Janette said...

Love it Chrissy, those mushrooms look fabulous and I even love the top ones. xx

Chris said...

I love how you've transformed the die cuts with your water colours Chrissy, they look fantastic- and the card is just gorgeous!
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

our cards are always beautiful, and I love to see your process. My water colour palette needs a clean up, too, I've had it since I was at school, and before that it belonged to m sister, so it's really old. I just replace colours when they are worn away. Hugs, Valerie

Margreet said...

Gorgeous mushrooms....love it all.
xxx Margreet

Celeste Goff said...

Chrissy, this card is simply stunning! I love those mushroom dies!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Chrissy love all the mushrooms and beautiful papers.
Carol x























jimlynn said...

Very pretty water coloring on all the mushrooms and I love your card! SO pretty.
Lynn

Conniecrafter said...

Love the way you colored these up, you do such a lovely job with your coloring. Those papers are certainly gorgeous, a great compliment to your mushrooms!

chrissy xx said...

Now you can never have to many mushroom Chrissy, they all look FABulous!!
LOve your colours and design too.
Chrissyxx

Lisa said...

I am in awe of your incredible water coloring. So inspiring.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your colouring is awesome Chrissy, I love your mushrooms and snails and the embossed kraft card is very "woody" A fabulous card.
Faith x

Sarah said...

Wow, you are just brilliant with your watercolouring!! That's a fab card xx

Ellibelle said...

So many wonderful layers and absolutely beautifully done!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Broni said...

Gee! Just look at all those beautiful mushrooms and ferns!! Love them! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

*Vicki* said...

The mushrooms turned out brilliantly Chrissy!! I just LOVE the watercolor and you always have so many beautiful layers with your designs!

Brenda said...

Another gorgeous mushroom card. As I have said before, I love these mushrooms mostly because of your gorgeous painting.