Followers

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

CHRISTMAS # 27

 Hello everyone.

So, we are onto Christmas card # 27 of my handout cards and boxes and getting to the end..


and this little box needed re purposing.
It is very tine, only 8 1/2 inches long,
and 1 inch deep and the lid is open lattice or stripes if you will.


hard to tell but a great box and look what was inside...


This tiny little train set in my colours..so adorable.


here you can tell the lid has openings and how small the box is..


As soon as I saw this in the shop ,I knew I wanted the train of course, but what I could do with this box, so I bought for only $8 NZ..
Got it home, put it on display, then set to making a background using oxide and distress sprays..


Measured and popped the background..


Made a long 8" snowbank..


The re did it using this die set as the trees were a perfect size,
 cut it twice for the length.


The cut the cellophane...you know where I'm going eh!..


Glue that in.


added some splatters of snow.



and some nail art snowflakes..


Then some baby deer, use these babies every year and this project was perfect for them..


Sequin time..I have few..😉


The only colour on the outside was white splatters..


and done!...

I actually glued the lid on so it should never come off,
 not going to anyone, just something for me to keep..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter..

Allsorts Challenge   [ anything goes /colours of winter]

Crafting Happiness    [3D projects, bags, boxes etc]

Craft Rocket Challenge   [Wintertime, no Christmas]






13 comments:

Margreet said...

Gorgeous adorable project, Chrissy. Love it that you keep it yourself.
xxx Margreet

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a gorgeous project you have made and so sweet Chrissy.

gr karin

Janette said...

I was happy to read your keeping this one Chrissy, some are just not made to leave home are they. The box was 'asking for it' and it got it, haha, I love what you did, also love the little train set too. xx

brenda said...

Great recycling and what a fun train, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, I think I saw it on FB, too. Hugs, Valerie

Chris said...

This is so cute Chrissy! What a lovely way to transform a box- now you have 2 new decorations for the price of one.
xx

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant project Chrissy you never fail to amaze me with your creativity it's pure magic
hugs
lorraine x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous shaker and love the little train set-so to be clear you actually bought it for the box!!! lol.
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

AMAZING GRACE you are a go getter in all areas of crafting, stunning box and cute train set.. xx

Sarah said...

I am so glad that you treated yourself to the train and the fabulous upcycled box. What a brilliant project xx

Conniecrafter said...

You are just so creative, great winter scene you have created with this box, the deer romping through the snowy trees is so cute!

Janis Lewis said...

This is fabulous! I love all of the process photos. Thanks for sharing at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
Janis, Owner & Design Team Member

Janis Lewis said...

This is a wonderful project and I love all the progress photos! Thanks for linking up at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
Janis, Owner & Design Team Member