Followers

Saturday, January 13, 2024

EPHEMERA AHOY..

 Hello everyone,

Saturday here today and so stinking hot, my fan is not really doing much unless I sit still and let it blow on me, so sitting still I am and typing this post...

I have an ephemera post today, and a photo frame alteration and now it has been seen twice, I have two orders for similar..


It all started with cleaning the garage and an old very large box full to the top of wooden photo frames, some a pictures in them, so didn't..


So this one the chosen one to be altered..


Several coats of white gesso and paint..
and the panel inside was painted too..


then I distressed the edges with sandpaper so you couldn't see my bad painting..


The middle panel need a fix up..


So I added some blue paint here and there...


and it sat for a very long time..


That is until my new Ephemera pack from Stamperia arrived..
paper pads, ephemera, stickers, chipboards, and cutout booklet, I got it all, I know I'm so naughty..



This is a fussy cut bottle from the booklet..
double sided too..


The fussy cutting is so easy to do, and being double side it is identical
on both sides so they can be added to an opening card, if you get what I mean..



Then I stared adding them onto my sky blue panel..


I piled them on and started adding the glue while they were in place..
lots of layers here..


I needed birds..


So Marriane Creatable helped there with seagulls...


and the Sandpipers along the bottom..


and that finished my scene..


and staying in my craftroom..

Thank you so much for stopping by...

I'll see you next week..

luv CHRISSYxx


Challenges to enter....

Crafty Catz   [ no design paper]

Cut it Up   [use something new and die cuts]

My Time to Craft   [something new in your stash - ephemeras and cut out booklets]

Creative Inspirations   [ anything goes]

The Crafty Addicts   [ anything goes]

The Paper Minutes   [ birds]

A Perfect Time To Craft   [ anything goes]

Ally's Angels   [anything goes]






21 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

thats fantastic Chrissy, great job ........gr karin

Carrianne said...

Chrissy, it is very damp and cold by me so I would trade places with you in a heartbeat! That being said, your project is STUNNING! Love the details and all the ephemera. Outstanding work! Thanks for joining us this week at Cut It Ip!

Christina said...

Was für ein wunderschönes Bild. Es gefällt mir sehr gut. Danke dass du es bei Paperminutes zeigst.
LG Christina

Janette said...

I think I would be keeping this one to Chrissy. A gorgeous picture, framed for all to see I love it.
We are waiting for a big freeze this weekend, so we are told anyway, enjoy the sunshine. xx

Chris said...

I love your framed collage Chrissy, it looks amazing. The ephemera and cut outs are gorgeous and your die cut birds work perfectly with them. The revamped distressed frame looks lovely too.
Not hot here!!!
xx

María said...

Wow it's gorgeous. I love the scene that you've created and how you've played with the ephemera to create the different layers. Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft. Hugs, María.

Sarah said...

On the other side of the world its frrrrrreeeeezing Chrissy!! Wow, what a fantastic upcycle and I am so glad you are keeping it xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic, Chrissy, you just keedp getting better and better and better and better! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

crafty-stamper said...

WOW this is brilliant Chrissy,love the distressed frame and all the fabulous ephemera against the blue background-I absolutely love the little seagulls too!
Carol x

crafty-stamper said...

Ooops also meant to say---Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts.
Carol DT x

chrissy xx said...

Only you could turn a bunch of picture frames into something Fabulous Chrissy.
LOve every part of this journey to the finished product!
Chrissyxx

ScrappyHorses said...

How perfect is this wonderful scene bringing new life to an old frame! Great theme filled with sea worthy dies and colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cut It Up! ~Katrina

chrissy xx said...

I'm here again Chrissy with my large GDT hat on!
Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz.
GDT Chrissyxx

aussie aNNie said...

Omg I love this Chrissy, amazing and most stunning work xx

coldwaters2 said...

Exceptional project Chrissy the details are awesome I would proudly display this on my wall for all to see, outstanding crafting as always
hugs
lorraine x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous project Chrissy - I love the scene you've created.
Lorraine x

pinky said...

This project is absolutely stunning Chrissy. You have captured everything perfectly! I don't envy your heat even though we are expecting snow tomorrow!!

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely amazing art hanging! I always love your little projects that you come up with! You always put me in the mood to find things to grab for creating something new for the house! LOL I love the splash behind the images and your added birds work perfectly! P.S. I would love to send you some of our cold! We had a high temp of -9 degrees F...not sure what that is in C...but it's cold! LOL

Larelyn said...

Such a fabulous project. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up Challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness not only did you give this frame a new home and purpose but you created a fabulous scene with it too, you arranged everything terrific and the background was just the right amount of blue for it, perfection!

Brenda said...

What a beautiful work of art, Chrissy. This one is definitely a keeper!