Followers

Thursday, February 22, 2024

OFF THE EDGE..DT

 Hello everyone,

Wednesday has come around again and time for a new challenge over at Little Red Wagon  and JanR is our fabulous hostess this time and her theme is....Off The Edge..have an element extend past the edge of your project [ just a little bit is fine]

Sometimes, I have a lot of stuff going on with my cards, well, most times, and things fall over my edges a lot, sometimes they don't, this time only a little bit..


I started with die cutting and not really knowing where I was going..


but I love mushrooms and snails and then things started to fall into place..


I cut fern leave sand water coloured them, that is a real neat thing to do..


and the snail, 
so much quicker than any colouring medium
 apart maybe from spraying but you have more control here..


just slap it on and let it dry a bit before more colour goes on..


and in the end, you have all these fun elements to put on a card or in a journal.


sorting papers, and oh, yum to these Mintay papers, all woody and floral.


reverse side, so good to use scraps here so you get both sides
 working together, or just chop it then flip it, be brave.


one panel done..


inside the card and more scrappy snippets.


Fern leaves going on..


Mushrooms and more ferns and PAPER CUT, PAPER CUT..
Ooo, a deep...ouch.


got that sorted, and all my bits glued down and I left the smallest
bit of overhang with my ferns..


Used some more of these awesome stickers to make a sentiment...


along with this gorgeous die from mt friend Vicki from
stamped smiles,


here's a close up the water colouring, no skill needed..


and..DONE!!


So come on over HERE  and join in..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll be back later with another DT post, see you then..

Luv CHRISSYxx






































19 comments:

Chris said...

A gorgeous design with your beautiful die cuts Chrissy, love how you water colour them, they look amazing.
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Grgeous card, sorry you got a big ouch! Hugs, Valerie

Margreet said...

That's a beautiful piece of art Chrissy!
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and ppaers,love the dies especially the snail.
Carol x

Paperesse said...

Another gorgeous creation, Chrissy!!!

Brenda said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Chrissy. I just love those curly fern leaves, they look like the real thing. Those papers are absolutely yum.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

This is really beautiful Chrissy and I loved how you water coloured your die cuts. Eeeek paper cuts! Michelle x

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant and beautifully made my friend, you are the queen of dies and I love to visit your shop one day.. :) great papers xx

Janette said...

Beautiful card, love all the wonderful creatures and bits and bobs. Question, sorry to be so gormless but what is sand painting...I need to catch up with you all hahaha. xx

coldwaters2 said...

Amazing creation as always Chrissy I must say that background is awesome and a perfect back drop for that wonderful colourful mushroom and fern display I love the addition of the snail our garden is full of them but at least the birds have loads to eat, lol, a right smashing make
hugs
lolo x

crafty-stamper said...

Thats weird I commented on the fabulous card and papers yesterday?Love all the dies too and the brilliant snail.
Carol x

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a lovely card Chrissy.........gr karin

*Vicki* said...

Those purple mushrooms really caught my eye Chrissy! I love how you've put this together! The ferns, the snail and your die cuts all work together beautifully! So happy to see you're enjoying the die set my friend! I knew you would come up with fabulous things for it! BIG HUGS

Conniecrafter said...

So cool, I really need to try more watercoloring, that just doesn't seem to be my great area. Those wood papers are the coolest, so realistic! Like the fern bits going off the edge and like how you did the sentiment!

Sarah said...

That's really gorgeous Chrissy and I love the watercolored elements, they really add to the natural feel. Hope the paper cut isn't too sore xx

JanR said...

Fantastic card, Chrissy! I especially love the purple!

Imke said...

I always love all these different elements on your cards. So here. I like the purple mushrooms - great color highlight.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

pinky said...

A great ode to nature Chrissy, from the gorgeous background to every single embellishment. Love it!

Kate said...

Such a gorgeous card, Chrissy! The papers are just perfect with your watercoloured die cuts.

I do hope your paper cut has healed nicely. Crafting paper cuts are the worst - especially when you don't realize until you see red "ink" on your project!! Poor you.