Followers

Thursday, May 30, 2024

WET OR DRY?..

 Hello everyone,

Embossing!..Wet or Dry.. that is the theme over at As You Like it  this fortnight and Larissa is our hostess. so what do you prefer?..what's your favourite?..

I use wet embossing for sentiments and very tricky floral stamps as it helps to keep me in the lines when I'm colouring..For this project, I went dry, as the image were digitals and my embossing pen dried up!!

So, I embossed with folders and dies to make my card...not a card, I decorated a box.


This box, what a great find, I was looking for more photos and ephemeras stuff and moved these  ( there was two of them )..at least five times before I realised I had my hands on a treasure, an 8 x 8 box
They contained shrimp cocktail glasses, well, the glasses are gone, I needed these boxes..


The bottom was a bit tricky to removed but after a battle of wills, I won,
 and the box was flat.



sorted out some corrugated card, not used that for a very long time..


covered the box with telephone book pages..and added the corrugated sand..


While that lot was drying off in the sun, I started on my bears..


Didn't take too long, but definitely had no eyesight left for fussy cutting,
 so, they ended up with a white border that I don't like much..


Their cheeks are always done with red pencil and archival oil blended over..


Finished..


Sand is dry, times for the label,,


I die cut these letters to spell shells, as I'm thinking my shells could be stored in here..


Also cut a load of bits n pieces..


and embossed those shells,  they came out really neat..


I also popped the letters in a folder and embossed them..


This is a new seagull, his name is Bruce, Bruce the bully, he's bigger than the rat of my birds and has an attitude..




One..


Two..


three.


four..

and, Showing all four sides..


and altogether..




our fabulous sponsor is "Last Minute Manda "..
with two stamp sets for the prize.. wonderful..


so come on over HERE  and join in..

Thank you so much for stopping by..

I'll see you again soon..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

613 Avenue Create   ( A/G - one for the kids)

Lil Patch of crafty friends   ( Anything goes)








13 comments:

Janette said...

I love it Chrissy, a lovely addition to all those wonderful boxes you have given new life to.
I love the the new die, Bruce, he looks like he could be a handful, but still, he is very handsome, just hope he stays away from out very favourite bear, haha, I love this. xx

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant recycling of the box Chrissy it is very creative but also fun especially using the bears and making it a seaside theme it is very appealing and perfect for your shells, I love how you have embossed the shells and used the corrugated card board, I still have some of this from a few years back when I was a bit more creative than I am now, I also love Bruce he is a good looking Gull and looks perfectly at home on your new storage box, excellent work
hugs
lolo x

Margreet said...

When I throw away any box I must think of you, as you would recycle it.
This one is beautifully decorated with the cute bears and all beach stuff.
Love your new seagull Bruce.
xxx Margreet

KarinsArtScrap said...

great box and very beautiful Chrissy.......gr karin

Chris said...

A fabulous box to store your shells Chrissy, those little bears are so cute and I love the little beach scenes - not sure if I like the sound of that Bruce though...you need to keep an eye on him.
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great transformation and love the new addition-Bruce.
Carol x

Elaine Stark said...

Just amazing. Love your projects coming out of nothing. Elaine

Valerie-Jael said...

As always, your work leaves me speechless, where do all your ideas come from?! Bruce is my sort of guy! Hugs, Valerie

Aimeslee Winans said...

Another brilliant in every way project from you!
The Queen of ReUse and ReCycle!
Fabulous, xoxo

Sarah said...

What a brilliant repurpose Chrissy and a lovely way to store your shells xx

Conniecrafter said...

All the sides are too cute, I agree with the fussy cutting it is just too hard anymore to see, I usually give it a white border just because I am not good at up close cutting. Love the corrugated sand too, great texture on those shells too!

pinky said...

Crikey you would love a hoke in my paper bin for sure Chrissy. Your imagination cannot be tamed! This is just adorable and such a great make over for your box!!

Brenda said...

This is so cute, Chrissy! What a great up cycling project!