Followers

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

SOMETHING WENT WRONG..

 Hello everyone,

It never goes perfect in my room, there is always a naughty word or two spoken, muttered and sometimes yelled, which scares the neighbors but  keeps them on their toes, the seem to walk around on egg shells sometimes, which is just how the undesirables should be, and then for me to say a pleasant good morning as I go for my walk, well that look in their eyes is priceless, and makes me happy.. anyway, back to the craft room...

I made this card oblivious to the fact that is was going very wrong, and just kept adding and doing stuff until I was nearly at the end, and it hit me, oh well, I kept going and this is it..




Made a card base and chose some papers that are reasonably new
and very grungy and masculine, which is what I love..


made a panel for inside which folds in or out, or whatever in my case...
see where I'm going now?..


See, it folds in...to close


and folds out when standing up..although too much here, 
I was over dramatising.


but to close it up it was working..


Shame to cover these papers up, they are so nice..



But, they needed numbers and things...


and I cut some other rusty style papers with a stamp edge die..



and a Marianne Creatables clock die using my bog shot to cut it...


Fabulous rusty colours..another idea popped in my head right about here..so watch this space for that, it is going to save me quite a few dollars doing it my way..


the circle I cut out is now behind the clock..


I needed an arrow or two.........
.can you really have enough arrow dies???


and this rusty metal tag weas given to me, 
in fact I got two, the other is, Thinking of you..


There he is, all attached with a ball chain..


Now, I have added, the clock and a TH man titling his hat..


Closed it up and added a world die that I found, just a little one which is handy sometimes ..
and some photo strips, circles and arrows..


Standing up nicely.......................................sort of.


but this is as far as it opens at the back!!!!!
I put the panel inside too far over..if you get my drift, so it is 
locked like this, but never mind you can still see it, and it stands up and I added a tag to write on, as you cannot open it anymore than this to write..ha ha ha..

So there go..thank you so much for stopping by, hope you are all well and happy..

I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Cut Above   ( Monochromatic I used neutrals]

The Daisychain challenge   (more than on fold )

The Creative Crafters   ( Anything Goes )







































12 comments:

Janette said...

The struggles are real Chrissy hahaha, crafting just isn't always good for your health haha, although it can get the blood flowing....I happen to love this, its a fabulous fold and all those gorgeous papers and bits and bobs are brilliant, love the little rusty tag, I think it turned out great.
Can't wait to see what popped into your head...mmmm, I wonder hahaha. xx

Vicki said...

Wonderful special fold card. Lots of die cut embellishments that add great details to this rustic design. Thanks for sharing at A Cut Above's September Anything Goes With A Die Cut and optional Monochromatic Challenge.

Margreet said...

Another beautiful project. Love your vintage style with all added elements. It's a pleasure to see all grow on the photos.
xxx Margreet

Roni JJ said...

Beautiful creation! I love it just how it is :)

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous vintage project Chrissy ........gr karin

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant masculine card and love the fabulous paper-great fold-I have made a couple of these -never thought to fold it inside and flat for posting dur!!!
Carol x

Brenda said...

What a great fold! I love all the grungy papers and bits and bobs you've added are perfection. As for the grumbling, it happens, "they" might as well get use to it (at least in my case)..

Conniecrafter said...

You sure have great papers and embellishments to create with, that is a neat fold idea. I had to laugh about the neighbors, mine probably hear me yelling at the cats chasing each other through the house and knocking things off of tables and such cause they don't care what they knock over as the are chasing each other.

Sarah said...

Your posts always make me smile....Miss Potty Mouth!! A fantastic make Chrissy xx

Paperesse said...

Well I think it looks awesome!!! And personally, I'm all for a strategically placed curse word...or two...or three...oh heck, why not four plus? Letting them rip when really pissed, makes me feel so much better.

Aimeslee Winans said...

LOL just part of the design, right? No one needs to know different. Lovely make and video your next walk so we can see the expressions, haha. xoxo

pinky said...

Haha, been there loads of times and I am sure I will revisit again lol. Blue air goes hand in hand with crafting in this house. Hubby has gave up investigating when I let off some steam lol. Love your project no matter which way it sits!!