Followers

Thursday, July 14, 2011

No Card

Goodmorning Everyone,

Well as the title suggests, I have no card to share today, but thought I would continue with the saga of my elderly client, as there was a bit of interest in the conclusion to the story...so here goes....

All I can say is 'The poor old Dear'

Yes she was taken to hospital after she pressed her emergency button..........she was home in 1 hour.

When I arrived yesterday, she was sitting in her usual seat, and my eyes wandered down to look at her 'bleeding veins' and she was as clean as a whistle. I never bought the subject up...just sat and smiled and waited...Eventually she said to me...'well, have you heard about the drama'...I politely responded 'no, what happened'..................................

WELL....she didn't push the button, her friend rang for the ambulance...she didn't want to go to hospital....her neighbor made her go.....and the ambulance men were not the ones that came last time...these ones had no decorum [the last time was in 2009] probably had a staff shift swap..lol..

AND...they didn't beleive me...her face dropped...and my heart cried....so naturally I told her I beleived her...and she perked up a bit. I also asked her was there a wound..."how could there be a wound if my veins were bleeding"  oop's...wrong thing to say.

We had our visit and I left with her sitting all straight backed in her chair, with a small smile.

TODAY....cleaning day.
There she was, sitting in her chair...happy to see me, had the washing machine on, bed all ready for me to make..and so I got started in my work.

OMG!!!!!!!! Went into the bedroom, made the bed, dusted, usual tripe, then I went into the bathroom, which had carpet on the floor...and there were some marks on her usually impeccable carpet.....
Went into the toilet....mmmmm....not what I wanted to see..oop's someone had an accident..cleaned up, cleaned the carpet, went back out to her ladyship, and then she told me ALL OVER AGAIN...about how the hospital didn't believe her about the bleeding....well just quietly [and remember, I was not to get close to the blood,  the other day] I now know why they didnt believe her....it was not blood...it was POO.

Well, this time she told me what they thought...what they had told her....and she was very upset about  it."but,you saw it did'nt you, what did you think"?....gulp...blood dear, quite sure it was blood.
The backbone straightened up again, and she was quite happy.

So as  long as she thinks she's had a near death experience, with bleeding veins...lol..she will be happy. Not forgetting she is 93 years old, with short term memory loss,and a tongue like a viper,

But really a darling old lady, never had children of her own, and was abandoned by her husband 50 years ago and has worked hard everyday of her life, up to her retirement, at 65, and everyday, on her own, only my company for 45mins every morning.


So I have played her game, told her she was right, agreed with her, and peace will resume...hopefully.

Thats been my last couple of days....rather entertaining, and the mystery of the bleeding veins...

                                                         SOLVED!!

Thanks for stopping by....will have a card or 2 on Friday...right now...I need to rest..tomorrow is another day......God help me...

Luv CHRISSYxx

13 comments:

Katie said...

OMGosh, you had me giggling! I also work with the elderly and can completely relate :) Isn't it amazing how they can be both completely adorable and yet completely frustrating all at the same time? Thanks for the update- it's always nice to hear the rest of the story :)
xx Katie

Viv said...

OMG! Sometimes you've just gotta smile and agree...hehehe! No wonder she was home from the hospital so quick!

heidy said...

Oh Chrissy,that poor woman,and yes it's beter to agree with her lol
Hugs Heidy

Lisa Jane said...

oh sounds very familiar Chrissy.. you are a star!
Lisa x

chrissy xx said...

Awhhh!
Chrissyxx

Anonymous said...

Lol, thanks for the update Chrissy, I don't know how you kept a straight face!
Helen x

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Chrissy,
You are a love - and I'm glad it's all sorted! You did the right thing and at least she'll be happy. Hugs, Teresa x

Liz McGuire, said...

You must have the patience of a saint, well done you,

Liz x

Vicky said...

I know how you feel lol...and I think you are just brill hun...:o)

hugs Vicky xx

CraftinGranny said...

Hearing these kinds of stories, which can be so funny at times that you have to laugh, also makes you think about what's going to happen when we get old......Only hope someone is around that is as patient and caring as you are Chrissy. Hats off to you GF! "Hugs" Carol

pinky said...

Oh dear, how do you keep a straight face Chrissy. What a fascinating life you lead lol. You have the heart of a lion cleaning that up too lol.

gobeagirl said...

Chrissy you are a sweetheart. My Grandma was 97 and had had a stroke so she was in a wheelchair and only had the use of her left arm and hand. For some reason she became obsecced with her BMs. She would be so worried if she did not have one each day. There was no amount of talk that would convince her that she was not mobile and hardly ate anything to have a BM with. :O) I am sure you know where I am going(no pun intended) with this. On several occations my poor Mom would call me and tell me the Grandma had dug out her problem. My Mom just did not have the stomach to clean in out of Grandma's hand or anything else and Grandma would not let my poor Dad help. SO I would go up and help out. I think it is just sooo hard when you get to that point. I did this for my Mom, Dad and Grandma, but I don't think I could do it for someone else. It truly takes a special person to do what you do. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Lisa

Cheryl said...

OMG you are a very caring person,it is so sad that this has to happen at old age.....why can't there be some dignity for them.You have made one old lady very happy!!
Hugs xx