Followers

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy Fathers Day

Hello Everyone,

T'is Fathers Day here on Sunday, Sept. 4th so thought I had better get making a card last night...

The family are all sick....Mum[my daughter] still pushing on, as Mums do, kids are back at school after a week, but not the happiest yet, BUT....the Dad has MAN FLU........

He is sicker than I was, he is sicker than the kids were, and life must stop because he cant cope.
The mother in law is stepping in today [me]...and he is out of that bed, getting dressed and going for a walk down the drive and back and sitting in the sun with his dog, and pulling himself together...

And, I will also physically push lemons down his throat...lol...You cannot lay in the bed with the same sheets, and not move when you have this bug...yes..people have died from this...it is a terrible bug..the hospitals are jammed packed with sich people...but he is not dying. You must move,,as apinful as it is day 4 should see you up and moving around, get fresh air.....my rant is over.....


Ahh!! that felt good...here is the card I made my Dad for Sunday.


This is a freebie from Marlene  is he not great.

Coloured with pencils and paper pieced pants, just like my Dads....some thickers stickers for the word DAD and a button off my cardigan. Papers from stash and lots of corrugated board.
Fabric paint on his eyebrows  and mustache, makes them nice and thick looking with a shine.

Entering a challenge at Crazy 4 challenges [make a fathers day card or male]

Well thats me done, off to work, cleaning day with my lady today...that should be interesting...

Welcome to my new followers, thank you for joining me, hope you have some fun visiting....

See you all later..

Luv CHRISSYxx

24 comments:

Vicky said...

Fabulous Chrissy....love his paper pieced pants and the large button too hun...

hope you have a good day at work...and MAN FLU...grrrr...

big hugs Vicky xx

Jane said...

SO good to see one of the awesome 'Mozzers' (Marlenes) digis being put to good use. I do believe I am one of your new stalkers (ahem! followers), great to be here!! Brilliant card, hope everyone gets well soon xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Chrissy, I like the paper piecing and the fab tash & eyebrows.
Kevin xx

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Too cute Chrissy!! I love his paper pieced pants and shimmery hair!! ;)

Doreen said...

Your card is absolutely fabulous Chrissy,your dad will love it.xxx

jojoscraps said...

Hi Chrissy
Your Father's Day Card is great. I love the dimension on his mustache and eyebrows. Hope everyone gets over the flu without giving it to you!
Jo xx

Marlene said...

Oh, your card is fabulous! I LOVE how you paper pieced his pants! Thanks so much for showcasing my image. I LOVE seeing what people do with them.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how fun!! I am sure your Dad loved it!! The paper pieced pants are perfect!!
hugs,
Chris

Crystal said...

HOW SUPER FUN Chrissy FABULOUS Dad card!!!

Alice said...

so cute! super card!

Selma said...

What a fun card. The paper pieced pants are great. I'm sure your dad will love it.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Chrissy, what a fun stamp he he made me smile. I didn't know Father's Day was in September over there. He he yes these men moan for anything. God knew what he was doing when he decided for us to have children :)
By the way, with the CHI Treatment your hair always stays straight, just wash and go, no need for blowdries.. and no frizziness as well :) I love it. xx

heidy said...

Hi Chrissy,I'm sure your dad will love this card,he's great and hope everuone will feel better soon!
XXX Heidy

downrightcrafty said...

don't you just love Marlene's humour and this is a fabulous image and love the compilation
Hugs Kate xx

Squirrel x said...

Good grief woman, I would not want you nursing me! I'm scared now just thinking about it. Great card - hope that Father's Day goes well. Hugs Sxx

Mary J said...

{giggles] - another entertaining post Chrissy! I love visiting you!

What a fab card - he looks well grumpy! Just old grumpy old men should be, lol!

Christina said...

This is really a wonderful card Chrissy!!
Hugs Kristel

coops said...

fabulous card chrissy.i love the fun image and his fab paper pieced trousers :D
i hope everyone feel better soon.

xx coops xx

Louise said...

What a fab card the image is great
Hugs Louise xx

Patricia Garcia said...

Great card, love the paper pieced pants and the Shiny mustache!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Diane's Card Designs said...

Gorgeous card love the image and colours.
Diane xx

Linda said...

This is such a fantastic card for your Dad.. Im sure he will love it!!
Hugs, Linda

Lori said...

Wow great paper piecing and I love DAD cards!

pinky said...

You go super mum!! Hope he listens. Love your card, what a great image!