Followers

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

MOJO DOWN...



Hello Everyone....

My Mojo is still wandering around somewhere..not a lot has been going on here in the craft area and I thank you all so much for the sympathies on his runner..at least I do have some bits and bobs in my drafts so will just share them as I sit and  MOPE!!.






My gorgeous Gran Daughters taken a couple of years ago....this photo was propped up on my dressing table and I decided to stick to mixed media but add a touch of scrapbooking..

The background started with script  printed papers and bubble wrap then gesso was added all over.



Some papers scraps added behind the photo and the little wooden blocks are from the back of the canvas...I just added alphabet stickers to them and inked the egdes..



This beautiful chipboard clock from WOC....and loads of corrugated card stock...don't you just love corrugated cardstock...and I love that little metal flower glued on the green one.




The birds on the branch is from WOC too and the lovely flowers..the green spotted flower was folded in half and poked in under the papers..



Just showing the dimension of it all....



So is this one....

So what you all doing then...suppose you are crafting away..I'm sick of calling that naughty mojo..once I get this stressful course out of the way things might improve.

 I have just had my holidays approved so having 2 weeks off to hang around home, get some gardens sorted and may even clean the oven..talk about over the top eh!..but spring is around the corner so I need to get things done..

Anyway, thanks so much for stopping by, really appreciate it...I will try and see you tomorrow..

luv CHRISSYxx












24 comments:

Sue said...

Wow a stunning way to showcase your photo.Much better than a frame Chrissy.
Hugs xx

Céline said...

amazing
hugs
céline

Squirrel x said...

For someone with no mojo hun, this looks pretty darned fine to me! Gorgeous layout, and a brilliant way to frame your precious girls. Hugs xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so beautiful Chrissy, wonderful design
Kevin xx

Pop's Cards said...

This is just stunning sweetie what a gorgeous make hugs Pops x

Veerle said...

This is fab Chrissy. I feel so sad for you. Have you tried wandering around pinterest to get some ideas and thaughts ?
Hope you will be back in the sadle soon my friend.
Hugs Veerle xxx

aussie aNNie said...

This is one fabulous creation Chrissy, love the photos the girls are lovely....mojo sux at times hey.xx.xx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness Chrissy, this is so stunning!! What a lovely photo and your canvas makes for a wonderful keepsake!! Brilliant! :) HUGS

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Sending you some mojo hun. This is fabulous, great photo and lovely texture

Pamellia said...

Looks to me like your mojo is just fine, this is gorgeous Chrissy! A stunning layout and I love how you layered all your elements and created such a wonderfully dimensional piece! hugs :)

Marjorie said...

Oh my word Chrissy... this is just stunning!!.. you really are so good at this sort of thing.. I just love it!... I would tell Mr. Mojo not to bother coming back as you are managing so well on your own lol!! It is so cold here in Yorkshire England... it is supposed to be Summer but we are down to 17 and 18 Degrees and lots of rain!!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Chrissy, such a beautiful photo and stunning detailing.
hugs Sue xx

Annette said...

I frequently have days where Mr Mojo is AWOL, but if this is one of your such days then he can go missing anytime.
Hugs
Annette
xx

Sarah said...

This is a wonderful layout Chrissy and those girls are SO like you!! I am on annual leave this week and am having an odd job week too. Yesterday I HAD to go to Hobbycraft for some glue and other necessities. I rode early and have done Hubby's accounts today, tomorrow will be lawn mowing and I might even take a tip and clean the cooker too!! My mojo is on it's hols too, but it's summer over here and I am enjoying being outside. Well that's my excuse!! xx

Chris said...

Such a lovely way to display your gorgeous photo Chrissy! Love the wonderful texture and dimension you've created here!
Hope you're feeling better now, I don't like to think of you moping (or cleaning the cooker!!!)
Chris
x

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Chrissy this is one amazing and incredibly beautiful canvas, the design looks awesome, I love it
hugs
lorraine x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous page layout Chrissy and a fab way to show off your photo.
Lorraine x

Pia S said...

Sorry you haven't found mr mojo yet. But he's been with me for the most of July. Which is really good as the weather is nothing to brag about. Good thing about him staying away from you is that we get to see all your wonderful mixed media projects. I'm so behind in this area of crafting, I can use a little bit here and there but haven't dared to go all in yet.

Tammy said...

Your granddaughters are lovely young ladies! Your mixed media is brilliant! Absolutely gorgeous work!

Carol S. said...

Hi Chrissy, gorgeous photo and love your mixed media framework. Suits the photo perfectly. Maybe when you have finished your course, Mr. M might return!! Big hugs, Carol S.xx

Words and Pictures said...

I'm sorry to hear that Mr Mojo's gone walkabout, but I'm sure you're right that once the stressful course is done he'll come sauntering back. Lovely to know there's a holiday coming up too...

In the meantime, I'm really glad it gave you a chance to share this fantastic scrap panel. What a brilliant way to frame and highlight that lovely photo. I love the shabby paper edges and corrugated and stencilled textures. The clock is so lovely and the little wooden stamped words are enchanting. Fabulous work!
Alison xx

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Chrissie
Popped in to say hello . see you are still one busy lady . Lovely cards in past posts . Mojo will be back soon .Something will be seen that will spark it alive again .
This project is a perfect way to show off this sweet photo .Lots of detail for a lovely frame too .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Lisa Minckler said...

GASP, cough, sputter, pfftt...whatever..you don't need no stinking mojo..you're amazing. You inspire the mojo! This is sensational and I love seeing your versatility in crafting. Your granddaughters are beautiful!
Big hugs to you Chrissy,
Lisa x

chrissy xx said...

Yikes lol...Im sure you've used the wrong word 'MOPE' that's not you!
I'm going out after to look for that Mojo!!
Great photo Chrissy.. LOving your textures and design..Now this is something I've never done Scrapbooking.
Chrissyxx