Followers

Thursday, July 11, 2019

I'M STILL HERE..


Hello Everyone..

Gosh, time has been ticking along and I have been getting no where..I lost a couple of clients so had to do relieving to make up some hours, a very tiring thing to do as you do not know the people and no bond with them, so it is a bit stressful..
Anyway, onward and upward, time to share something I have made..

I called this piece.."RAINING COGS "



I found this picture of the man in the rain all painted up and ready to go..BUT..I like to mess with things so I tore around him and pasted him onto a canvas...die cut lots of cogs and started gluing..


Once everything was dryI started adding layers of paint to match what was already around the man..starting with white Gesso..


Added some teal and pale blue in layers along with a light watered down brown..


Then the decision..gold or bronze...


I went with gold...


And ended up with this..the colours matched really well and you can hardly tell where one ended and the other began..

Don't like the setiment though and wished I had done it in strips, but it is stuck fast and there to stay..

Thank so much for stopping by to say hello..my day off tomorrow, gosh I cannot wait..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Crafty Creations  [Anythig goes]

Crafting From The Heart  [Anythig Goes]

Love To Create  [Anything mixed media goes]



14 comments:

Janette said...

Fabulous Chrissy, love that image and the way you painted round is wonderful.
Sorry to hear about your ladies, such a shame it must be hard for you.xx

crafty-stamper said...

Sorry to hear about your ladies,my daughter works in a care home so I know how you feel.
WOW fabulous canvas Chrissy love that image(is it a stamp?)and all the painted layers and cogs -the gold is just perfect-just a thought how about stamping the sentiment onto a matching piece of card or adding a couple of cogs to break up the outline?
Carol x

Pop's Cards said...

WOW you have done a fabulous job with this, its a work of art, looks so cool, hugs Pops x

Marilyn said...

I don't get around to blogs much anymore Chrissy but I had to pop over here to get a closer look and tell you I think this is a smokin' good project. I really like it.

Chris said...

This looks fantastic Chrissy! It's a gorgeous stamp and the background is amazing...reminds me of rain sheeting down. Adding the cogs works really well.
Hope you have a better time next week.
hugs
xx

Pia S said...

I wouldn’t have dared continue beyond the step with white gesso, afraid to ruin a good look. But in the end it looks so much better, the image and area around go hand in hand. Beautiful piece of art.

Carol S. said...

Stunning card Chrissy and love the colour mix. More than just a card, more like a piece of wall art. Sorry to hear that you have lost two of your ladies. Your house looks amazing and Holly loves her new chair!! Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

Lisa Lynn said...

Chrissy that is just awesome. Love the cogs with the image. Very creative. So sorry that you have to start with new clients - I know how stressful that is learning new routines, best wishes.

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is fantastic and great Chrissy
Gr Karin

Sarah said...

Wow Chrissy!! What a sensational piece, love the blend of those gorgeous colours xx

Meihsia Liu said...

Love your gorgeous creation! Chrissy. The texture and tone whole design you made are stunning. ;)

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant, love this heaps, great stamp too.

pinky said...

Wow you know I much I LOVE this Chrissy. It's amazing and I love to see the layers all building in the photos. Hope work settles down again soon for you.

Corry said...

https://welove2create.blogspot.com/
Wow I love it, thank you for sharing your fabulous creations , with the DT from We Love To create, just fabulous and good luck Hugs Corryxxx (DT)