Followers

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

WALKING IN SUNSHINE..DT

 Hello everyone,

Time for a new challenge over at Little Red Wagon  and our lovely hostess is Kate with the theme...

Walking in Sunshine..[Summer/sunshine projects]

Well, I straight away thought of Barry, from The closed Stampfairy, and as I love fishing too, it was easy to make my scene..with a few alterations..




Barry was sitting on a little jetty which was a little short for me..


So I extended it a bit with pencil, inked over the top..done.


Then using my markers made the sea...


Coloured the jetty with markers but Barry is always coloured with my pencils..


Then die cut the boat and paper pieced it, and the look on Barry's face was  total surprise that a boat would sail by so close/..[I didn't have a smaller boat then..I have now though..]


Then I needed fish and didn't have a small die for fish, so used these raindrops...



gave them some eyes with a black pen, and I had fish..



A close up of the boat and waves made with Nuvo drops..and the sentiment was die cut out with alphabet dies and coloured with markers, so was the sun..



And there we have Barry doing what Barry does best..hope he watches that seagull, he looks like he is after the fish..


A sideview on the slimline..


So bring your Summer projects over HERE  and link up..

Thanks so much for stopping by, I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....
  
Colouring in Scrapland [anything goes]

The Cutie Pie challenge  [Bear Essentials]










17 comments:

Margreet said...

Stunning card with Barry and the lovely details. Love how you turned raindrops in fishes!
xxx Margreet

R's Rue said...

This is card is so well done. I’d love to receive it. Great job. Hope your week is going swell with lots of joy and love.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant Summer scene Chrissy with Barry and really love the Seagull
Carol x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Chrissy! What a delightful beachy scene! Your little bear, so beautifully colored, looks nervous to have a gull overhead! LOL The shading and smallest of details really bring this image to life. I especially like that you lengthened the pier, and dimensionalized the sales in the boat. It's darling! hugs, de

Carol S. said...

Love Barry and the scene you have created with him is brilliant Chrissy. The boat looks great and as for the fish, Wow!! You are amazing!! A gorgeous card. Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

Brenda said...

I'm not sure which I love most, your card (which is WONDERFUL) or the story your card tells according to you. You definitely brought a smile to my face, girlfriend!

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant sunshine card Chrissy I love Barry it is so sad that so many digi stamp companies have closed I am glad that I have kept them all, well they are on my separate hard disk, not sure how to get them off there but at least they are safe, duh. I absolutely love how you have created that fantastic scene it works so well and I love it
hugs
lorraine x

Janette said...

It's just gorgeous Chrissy, I love Barry but I think your his number one fan. Xx

Dawn T said...

so very cleverly done Chrissy. Can't wait for summer here again.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Chrissy ,love the scene you created.xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Great card and love the outcome you produced. As always perfect. x

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Chrissy
Gr Karin

pam said...

This is a gorgeous card Chrissy.
Pam x

JanR said...

Wowzers, Chrissy! What an awesome scene! So impressed with your pier extension! Using raindrops for fish is a brilliant idea too. Such a delightful card!

Sarah said...

Oh how I miss the stampfairy but it is lovely to see Barry again and he is very welcome at The Cutie Pies Challenge this time xx

pinky said...

What an amazing scene you have created and it was a great idea to extend the jetty! Love it!

Kate said...

This is such a delightful little scene you've created! Little Barry is adorable! I love those water drops too!