Followers

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

FLUTTER BY MY BUTTERFLY..

 Hello everyone,

My turn to be hostess over at LITTLE RED WAGON  and my theme I chose was..Add a Butterfly..

I have an elderly friend who saves all her foil butter papers and gives them to me to make my gold butterflies..


So that is exactly what I did, die cut foil butterflies..


Then using my matt medium glue, I glued them down onto black cardstock..


Covered completely....


When dried, I trimmed then sprayed it..


Meanwhile back on the ranch..I made a frame and added patterned vellum [ I have had this vellum for years] then die cut a pretty lacy frame and had one spare butterfly left..


I think this was to show the sparkle..it is there, just tilt your head..that's it..


Panel all finished and so shiny and pretty and gold...but I didn't like the lacy frame so took it out..


For me, that is better, not so busy..


A simple die cut sentiment on gold....


And there she is in all her glory..


So there we go..all done..so pop on over with your butterfly projects even if your butterfly is only 1cm big, it is still a butterfly..HERE

Thank you so much for stopping by...
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Crafty Creations Challenges  [anything goes]






14 comments:

Chris said...

Oooh very elegant Chrissy, your golden butterflies look gorgeous with the black background- no one would guess they started life as BUTTER papers!
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning card Chrissy what a great idea for die-cutting butterflies and love the framed vellum
Carol x

Janette said...

This is gorgeous Chrissy, love the theme you picked so pretty.xxx

*Vicki* said...

Wow Chrissy! This is absolutely stunning! I love how you've attached the foiled butterflies on the background and I know that shimmer spray is so beautiful in person! I love your pretty butterfly design!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous card, so elegant and beautiful! Hugs, Valerie

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow it's gorgeous Chrissy

Gr Karin

Margreet said...

Your golden butterflies look so elegant, Chrissy. I agree that the lacy frame was too much. Without is much better.
xxx Margreet

Carol S. said...

Love the design Chrissy and the butterflies are stunning. A beautiful card. Stay safe, big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

coldwaters2 said...

This is so classy and sparkly Chrissy I cannot believe the butterflies were made from foil off butter, wow, the design and colours really do look amazing I love it
hugs
Lorraine x

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Chrissy. The butterflies are stunning.

JanR said...

So elegant and classy! Loving the gold and black together!

Sarah said...

That's beautiful Chrissy xx

Brenda said...

Wow, you can make stuff I toss look absolutely gorgeous...who would have thought was made from butter foil? Your card is so elegantly beautiful. Thanks for the fun challenge!

Kate said...

Your card is so very elegant! The vellum is a lovely touch too! Thanks for a wonderful challenge, Chrissy!