Followers

Friday, December 10, 2021

SANTA'S STILL FLYING.. BUT EASIER

 Hello everyone,

Friday here today in NZ and the week has just flown by...just like Santa..



A short story for you...I have gone blind in my left eye, it has happened over a period of time from an accident I had in 1984..about 15 months ago I noticed strange things happening and over this time I lost my vision,in that eye... that is okay I can live with that and still do my thing....the problem I have now, my right eye is giving up the ghost too..my retina is so wafer thin and nothing can be done about that, and then the floaters arrived, and that is all I could see and just had to wait it out as I couldn't see from them sliding all over the place so I'm just keeping on, keeping on, and every day I am glad to open my eyes and see what I can see..I will still craft, I'm not giving that up until the lights go out altogether....so there go..

Floaters have subsided and the one that I do still have I put up with..


Right onto my cards for today...


This is where I figured out how to make these faster...
I started with navy cardstock, inked the edges white for a frosty look, and die cut this
border...so simple.
I actually only made two backgrounds for yesterdays cards and added two of these backgrounds
to speed things up a bit..


Made a moon...


had Santa's all done from last post...




So there we have a night scene with it's splatters for stars or snow...




I made this one gold, which is a bit flat..will stick to red in the future..


Two cards built already...


Two sentiments [ I made at least 15 of these and put them in my tray for later]


Then made these sentiments as well...


Added some black dots and doodling edges..just picked them up a bit..


And there we have Santa still flying around..


Ho Ho Ho...


Done..

Thank you so much for stopping by...

I need to get out today and buy two Bottle bags, Christmas ones..
then I'm 100per cent DONE..until I think of something else which happens to me every year..

Luv CHRISSYxx





16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful cards. So sorry about your vision loss. Hugs, Valerie

Janette said...

Oh Chrissy I am so sorry to read this, really is nothing to be done, gosh I am shocked...
Your cards are always so wonderful and packed full of creative ideas, keep going, you never know miracles happen every day, take care.xx

Lynne said...

So sorry to hear about your eyesight Chrissy. Your cards are lovely and a great way to do the background x

Chris said...

These may have been quicker to make Chrissy but they're still as gorgeous!
I am so sorry to read about your eye problems, the gift of sight is so precious to all of us, I sincerely hope the problem doesn't get any worse.
Sending hugs xxxx

Kath said...

Fabulous cards - I love the scene you've created. I hope your vision doesn't get any worse in the future.
Kath x

Margreet said...

Another series of cool Christmas cards, Chrissy.
I was shocked to read about your eye problems. I think this is the worst thing to happen to a creative person. I hope the problem can be under control and the problem does not get worse.
xxx Margreet

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful cards. Anesha

Carol S. said...

Amazing cards Chrissy and the scenes are gorgeous.
I am so sorry to hear about your eyes. I don't know how you manage to make the stunning cards you do. I am so lucky to have one of your beautiful creations, on show on my fireplace. It will come out every Christmas on show. Big hugs and love, Carol S.xxxx

crafty-stamper said...

Oh noI am so sorry to hear about your sight and do hope they can do something for you.Your cards are brilliant and love all your dies
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

Hi there Chrissy. Great santa again. Hope your weekend is great. What a fabulous card design. love the colours and papers too...xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous cards Chrissy

Gr Karin

Dawn T said...

Stunning Chrissy. I'm sorry to hear about your vision loss... It's amazing what you can create Chrissy. I am so impressed.

Tracey T said...

Love your cards, Chrissy - the backgrounds are stunning. So sorry to hear about your visio problems and hope they turn out to be temporary xx

coldwaters2 said...

Two beautiful festive cards Chrissy I love your detail the background and Santa look amazing. Oh Chrissy I am so very sorry to hear about your loss of sight you are such a strong person to carry on, it is so sad that nothing can be done, maybe a miracle will happen you deserve it, I hope that it doesn't get any worse I can't think of blogging without seeing you. I have been having problems with my eyes for the last couple of years, I have seen the consultant twice I am still waiting for an appointment to have the right eye done although I told them the problem was my left eye to start with but maybe they know best, with what is going on today it makes me wonder.
take care
hugs
lorraine x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Oh Chrissy I am so sorry to hear about your eye sight, my dad was blind from the age of 6 but he managed bless. Your card is fabulous as always keep going my darling am thinking of you lots of love Alison xx

pinky said...

Oh Chrissy, that's a big load to carry with your eyes but you are such an amazing lady you will find a way to cope I am sure!! I will pray for a miracle because someone as talented as you is what keeps us all motivated to try new things!! I just adore your cards today!!