Followers

Sunday, July 10, 2022

ALL IN BLUE...

 Hello everyone,

Sunday here today and it is cold and a bit windy, been raining, but it is nice and cozy in my craftroom, not too hot, just right...and my mind has gone blank...showing off yesterday about a one hour card and today....nothing..I spent a lot of time die cutting and inking up water lilies and frogs and bull rushes and swans and the made a pond or two from leftover splattered and inky paper...NOTHING..I just cannot see it today..

I've tried for 2 hours this morning trying to make scenes with these die cuts using all sorts of card stock colours and papers and just trying too hard I think, so going to put them all away for another day and share something else..

How about some Blue flowers?


I love this new die set from TH and used it quite a few times already..


The layers just fit perfect, you don't have to try too hard at all..


And for me I needed to play with blue and teal card stock..from my scrap box..


And the layered colours went so well together in my eye..


I also used the Butterfly from Honey Bee stamps..
Leaves from Altenew..



I stenciled the background with white pigment ink..
Stencil from Taylored Expressions "Chantilly"


Then then fun part of putting it all together..


It just worked on this green card stock, I tried several,
 but this was the one that made me happy..


The butterfly and stencil...


Dimension, some, but not too much..
and lots of dew drop gems..


and here she is..

It's good to be able to mix and match dies, just adds a bit more interest I suppose..
even though one is now annoying me that I never saw before...

Thank you so much for stopping by..

I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Happy Little Stamper  [Stenciling]

Happy Little Stamper  [Anything goes with Dies]




13 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

very beautiful Chrissy

gr karin

Janette said...

Hi Chrissy, just have to say thanks for the laugh on my blog, so funny about the policeman and your name haha, so true, haha..
I love todays sweet card, gorgeous colours too.xx

Margreet said...

I must definitely use these dies as I love them in these colors so much! Wonder what is annoying you as your card is stunning!
xxx Margreet

pam said...

Beautiful card Chrissy.
Pam x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card,butterfly and flowers love the stencilled background and I agree we can over think things sometimes and they never work out
Carol x

Sarah said...

Fabulous colour choice Chrissy, these are the colours of my summer clothes which are getting lots of use at the moment as it's swelteringly hot over here...for a change!! xx

Chris said...

These colours are so beautiful Chrissy, another gorgeous card.
xx

*Vicki* said...

I absolutely LOVE how your colors turned out with this one Chrissy! The deeper blues with the aqua are so stunning! The subtle stenciled background really lifts it up as well! Sometimes I have days where I'm lucky to get anything accomplished with my crafts! LOL!! I relate my friend! Thanks for inspiring!

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is just lovely! Those shades of blue - fabulous! Thanks for joining in at HLS Stencil Challenge

baileyrosy.com said...

Such a gorgeous card the colours are perfection and the beautiful stenciled background is a perfect backdrop don't you just hate it when your when your mojo does a bunk I always find it's best to walk away as you did and am sure next time you will have a eureka moment.

Marie

Conniecrafter said...

Isn't it funny one day you can knock something out and then the next come out with nothing. It will be just right one day. Your flowers you came up with is so lovely against your stencil background! Pretty detail on the butterfly too!

Catie Cuddles said...

Stunning! Beautiful work.
Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge blog. Happy crafting. Catherine x DT

pinky said...

If this is you with a blank mind there is no hope for me! I love your card but cannot see what is annoying you so now it's annoying me lol. Spill the beans!!