Followers

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

STITCHING...DT

 Hello everyone,

Another week whooshed by, and time for another new challenge over at Little Red Wagon and our lovely Jan is hostess and she had chosen the theme..STITCHING SENSATIONS....

Now don't be scared, I wasn't, I had every intention  and was looking forward to stitching something, I really was...BUT....


She didn't want to play, she is a very old Elna Contessa, I had it when my kids were little and it belonged to another before that and she's just plum tuckered out.


So I had my die cuts cut and coloured and waiting in a box..


Sorted out my papers..


Then had to faux stitch, but really enjoyed doing that again..used to quite a bit.


A simple gold embossed sentiment...


Added my sweet hummingbird..


And done...

So there you go...come on over...


HERE  and bring your stitching..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx






16 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful card Chrissy, fabulous flowers, the faux stitching looks great!
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and flowers Chrissy-love the P.papers and faux stitching
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! What a fabulous design and stitching :) I don't know how, with the awful problems I have with Blogger, but Blogger let me in to your blog!
Faith x

Margreet said...

Love your handstitching, Chrissy. Ad the colours of the flowers are beautiful.
Also love your backing papers.
xxx Margreet

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a gorgeous card Chrissy

gr karin

*Vicki* said...

It's such a gorgeous card Chrissy! I love the peach toned flowers along with your mix of pattern papers using the drawn stitches...still looks like the real thing over fabric!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Chrissy this is beautiful I love the gingham background and those flowers are superb as is the faux stitching brilliant card
hugs
Lorraine x

Brenda said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Contessa=(. But, I do love your doodle stitches, they look wonderful along with all those gorgeous flowers. I love these colors and the sweet little hummer.

Janette said...

I LOVE this Chrissy, its so pretty and the beautiful colours. Your stitchng looks great, shame about the 'old girl' machine, maybe someone cans strip it down for you, bet you it would come back good as new.xx

Conniecrafter said...

Bummer your machine gave up on you, but your faux stitching looks great and oh my the card turned out beautiful, I love these colors together, the flowers and the bird are beautiful!

Pia S said...

I used to do a lot of real stitching, machine stitching, but stopped for a simpler look and more light weight. Think I’m going to try again. Your faux stitching looks great though and I like the effect of the green panels too. Flowers and hummingbird are gorgeous.

pinky said...

You did a great job Chrissy. My machine is a pretty good one but it's out in the garden house so doesn't get used! Just haven't got the room in here for it. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol.

Sarah said...

Your faux stitching looks sensational Chrissy xx

Doni High said...

Your faux stitching is a perfect compliment to those gorgeous flowers! :)

JanR said...

So pretty! It's too bad your sewing machine let you down....the faux stitching looks fabulous though! Loving the gold embossed sentiment too.

Kate said...

Poor Elna! I actually just got rid of my machine about a month ago. It was used when the kids were little and had been my mum's before that. It was just done!

Your card looks wonderful and your faux stitching is just perfect. Such lovely die cuts too!