Followers

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

I'M BATS...DT

 Hello everyone,

Well apart from the fact we all know I'm bats, our challenge over at LITTLE RED WAGON this week, which is hosted by out lovely DONI, is "I'm Bats over you" - use a bat...nothing was said what kind of bat, there are several so however you interpret that is all good..

I went with my favourite little guy..Barry..and bats for Halloween..


I'm a bit rusty with colouring so coloured several images on this day, to get into the swing..
So started with printing Barry out and making a mask for the moon!!!!


Cut the extra image out for masking as well..
going to do some ink blending for the sky..


So here we go, I started..enjoying myself, in the zone..


B!*#&!


Never mind, carried on making a spooky night sky with my inks..


Blended and blended adding this and that..


When totally dry I added splattered stars..just with water.


Mask off, Barry then coloured with markers this time,
 I know, I always colour him in pencils..


But really enjoyed this process on him, anda lot quicker..


Added the water coloured moon separately and the little bats..


Flicked a load of grass texture on the bottom, using two green markers and wouldn't want to mow that lawn..


Then made a sentiment on the PC." Happy Halloween" and "I'm Bats about you"..


Glossed up his nose..




And there he is all done..
 and I will give this to Hadley.. [my great Grandson]

Thank you so much for stopping by..another DT tomorrow
So, I will see you then..
Take care..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Crafting Happiness   [Halloween]

Inspiration Station  [Trick or Treat - photo inspiration .
for me the colours and those cute bats on the wall and fence]


Dragonfly Dreams   [ Halloween/Autumn]






23 comments:

Dawn T said...

Barry is just gorgeous Chrissy. A fabulous card and the glow around him does look like moon light even if you can't see the moon!

aussie aNNie said...

Too cute is this batty card, love the masking and brilliant result.. fabulous background Chrissy

Chris said...

Super Halloween card for little Hadley! Love the little scene you've created for Barry, who looks great in his costume! The background sky is beautiful!
xx

Janette said...

As you know I love your 'Barry' cards, always so cute and this is no exception Chrissy, adorable card great colouring and what a fab background, moon and all.xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love cute Hallowen Barry with the bats and great background
Carol x

jimlynn said...

Barry is a cutie. The bats, moon, and starry background are perfect for him too. Fun and pretty card.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Isn't Barry so sweet with his costume all ready to go for some trick-or-treating! Beautiful coloring and your blended sky turned out awesome with your flying bats in the background! Super CUTE!!!

Margreet said...

Barry looks great (and not scary) on the fab lawn. The background isgorgeous!
xxx Margreet

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a darling card, Chrissy, love it! Hugs, Valerie

KarinsArtScrap said...

cute and super beautiful Chrissy

gr karin

Donna Walls said...

Great scene, coloring and save for the moon! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
Donna xx
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Paper Funday Challenge

Janis Lewis said...

Amazing coloring. I love the progress photos. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Crafting Happiness Challenges. I hope you'll link up more Halloween projects this month. Have a great day!
Janis, Founder & Design Team - Crafting Happiness Challenges

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

I see absolutely nothing "rusty" here. Your coloring is amazing! WOW! Thanks for playing along with the Crafting Happiness Halloween challenge this month!

Conniecrafter said...

your great grandson will so love this, such awesome coloring, you always do such a neat job with your moons

Doni High said...

I love your blended night sky and the beautiful full moon really shows off your bats! Luv ya!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely adorable, I was thinking how did you get him to look so brown with all the fabulous shading, then realised when reading your post you had a mask on him - duh!
Faith x

Sarah said...

Hadley will LOVE that!! A super cute card Chrissy and your colouring looks fab xx

pinky said...

I wish I could create a sky like you Chrissy. This card is absolutely adorable!

JanR said...

Fantastic card, Chrissy! The background is amazing! Barry looks super cute and his glossy nose is perfect.

Imke said...

Amazing take with masking, Chrissy and sweet Halloween Card.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Kate said...

Barry is simply darling, Chrissy!! You've done such a fabulous job colouring him up and creating such a fantastic little scene for him. It all worked out with the moon too!

Brenda said...

I am in awe. I LOVE Barry and your beautiful background!

Deanne Saunders said...

Sweet card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CRAFTING HAPPINESS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper