Followers

Friday, November 11, 2022

EASEL ON IT'S SIDE..

 Hello everyone,

Gosh, my act is not together these last few days, I forgot I was hostess on my DT, so sorry team, then posted the wrong season on my other DT, so sorry team, anyone would think I was very busy or senile.....probably the latter, so much to look forward to..ha ha ha..

ANYWAY!...I was going to make an easel card, they are popular and look very cool, but as I made the base, it tipped over and I found that I liked what I saw......so went with it..


Sorted out some papers that were a bit different from not using papers..


And was getting organised to start the card....glued the papers on the base,
 and this happened..


Oh, that looks like fun..and folds flat.. and straight away I though Santa sleigh..


Laying flat..added blue/grey snowflake paper,
 ripped/torn, along the bottom??


And a green plaid sky??


Santas sleigh was die cut in red...then gold...then paper pieced together


Fiddly but fun, and no bad language was heard......this time.


Added some fine red ribbon on front of the sleigh.


And filled it with presents I made using plaid papers and card stock..


A couple of left-over trees in the background and the sleigh was ready to go..


and on the other panel inside was Santas reindeer all tied with the ribbon to pull it along..


passed the trees with the giant full moon glowing and showing him the way..


Added some extra snow, snowflakes and a Christmas sentiment..
card close and with its envelope.


under the trees and the Deers feet too..


one more sentiment..


and the card finished and standing up..

What a lot of fun that was, and now, setting up this post, I just had another idea, so off to play after popping this on schedule, so I'll see you Saturday or Sunday, well, with my brain it could be next Tuesday..

Thank you so much for stopping by..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

ABC Christmas  [ X for Xtra special]





14 comments:

Margreet said...

You made my day with your story, Chrissy. I'm sitting here with a big smile on my face. And I'm also enjoying your photos of the making of this stunning card. I love the reindeer with the red ribbon with the sleigh at the other side of the card. Sublime!!
xxx Margreet

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful card, another great idea! Your posts are always fun to read! Hugs, Valerie

Janette said...

Fabulous Chrissy, its so funny how things can happen, this was a real happy accident and your card is beautiful, love the ribbon it looks pretty.
Hope your brain sorts itself out, haha, we all suffer from this but as long as we keep battling through its all good :))
Have a lovely weekend.xx

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely brilliant card and design Chrissy love all the dies especially the beautiful Reindeer pulling the sleigh
Carol x

Chris said...

Oh Chrissy you crack me up! Your posts are always so entertaining and fun to read. Love your sideways easel- we'll all be copying this idea! It works so well with the sleigh, reindeer and ribbon reins. Love your trees and moon and the tartan sky!
xx

jimlynn said...

It's a sleigh full of wonderful goodies and such a beautiful card too! Very pretty.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Such a stunning easel card here Chrissy! I love that very elegant sleigh and how you've arranged the ribbon around the edge to show the deer is pulling it! Such a clever and very pretty scene!

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a gorgeous card Chrissy

gr karin

pinky said...

Well that tip was a happy accident Chrissy. I love the sideways easel and so beautifully decorated. Senile!!!! Never!

Conniecrafter said...

You sound like me trying to keep everything straight, it was worth the wait, you have made great scenes with every turn of the card. I love that sleigh, so fancy

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Squeal, I LOVE it, what a brilliantly clever mind you have. It definitely thinks outside the box Chrissy.
Faith x

Sarah said...

Such a great card xx

Zw@@n said...

Wow, Chrissy, your card is beautiful. Great design and very special. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge . xx Wilma

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a brilliantly special card, Chrissy and I love how you detailed your process. A great lesson in 'just go with it'!
Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.