Followers

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE #687...DT

 Hello everyone,

Back with another challenge for LITTLE RED WAGON   and this week our fabulous Doni is up for the hostess position and her choice of theme is " BABY IT'S COLD OUTSIDE - anything WINTER

So, while I'm sitting in my craftroom sweating away in our wettest Summer EVER!..I'm also hoping by making winter cards [still] I may cool down..wet and sticky is not nice..

My project..


Another packaging project..I cannot remember now, what was in this box..


Never the less, I pressed it down and it was going to work and be a lot smaller than the other tall box I did..


Instead of trying to paint and colour the kraft coloured box,
I made panels in navy blue cardstock.. and gave them a good white ink splattering.


Added a snowbank and had a leftover moon and it fitted into the background quite nicely..


Snowbank in, but boring.


So I frosted up the edges with white ink and a blending brush..


and yes, I got carried away, but it is okay..


And LOOK!!, thank you all who helped me with cleaning my blocks, I did them all and they have all come up a treat, with alcohol handwash/sanitizer.


Moon in place..


Then added a glitter card stock frame on the front..


Die cut tiny trees and deer, love these little guys and use them a lot at Christmas, might try a Spring and Autumn project using them. you never know.


Trees in place..


Frolicking Deer in place and added a few snowflakes..


Looking down inside.


Beautiful die sentiment in silver glitter card stack and me holding it down flat to show for posting,  if I post it, I may not, I may keep it..


Holding it's own and fairly flat..


and standing up, I really like this one, I may shoot off, buy some more stuff to get some more cute boxes, or rummage through the Neighbours recycling, but they don't like that much so better not..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
Don't forget to come over and join in with us with Winter projects..



Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Crafty Calendar   [Add a sentiment]

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers   [R is for Reindeer]

613 Avenue Create   [Winter]





23 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant transformation Chrissy love the scene you created
Carol x

Pia S said...

It's such a beautiful dimensional box, love how the scene sits on the inside for us to peep in for a look. Nice and sparkly and wonderul transformation of a dull box.

Sarah said...

I am sending cold weather Chrissy, we've had more than enough!! Love this fancied up box and those dear little deer and trees are lovely. do it, buy more stuff, it's safer than rummaging through the neighbours recycling!! xx

Janette said...

Oh Chrissy this is a keeper, what a beautiful 3d card, its so beautiful. Had to laugh about the neighbours though, your so naughty, haha, can just imagine it...xxx

Margreet said...

Gorgeous winter box, Chrissy. Love the building up of it!
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

Chrissy you're altered box is fantastic, such a lovely little snow scene- what a transformation. Now I'm left with a wonderful image of you rifling through the neighbours recycling- with them banging on the windows and shaking their fists as you leg it with all their empty boxes! You are priceless!!!
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, wow! Fabulous. LOVE it. Hugs, Valerie

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous and a great idea Chrissy

gr karin

Paperesse said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Chrissy!!! I love these upcycling projects of yours. It's so nice to turn things we'd throw away or recycle, into something beautiful.

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely gorgeous and what a way to use a peek a boo box... brilliantly designed xx

Conniecrafter said...

such a creative way to do a dimensional scene out of a box you already had, love the winter scene you created, hope it cooled you down a bit :)
I am so glad the hand sanitizer worked for you :)

Sue said...

Fabulous transformation Chrissy! it's gorgeous and thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create hugs Sue x

Doni High said...

Chrissy, your creativity really inspires me! I think you should keep it...unless you feel the need to send it to me!! LOL

ArtMBR said...

Very nice.

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely brilliantly done Chrissy! I love the snowfall and your 3D shadow box is beautifully put together with your scene! I love it!

JanR said...

Oh Chrissy, this is amazing!! I love everything about it! So creative and beautiful. It's -19ºC here today with the windchill. I'll try to send some of it your way. (;

JulieP said...

How fabulous this is!!! Love the design, the colors and of course those cute little deer. Thanks so much for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers with this awesome card.

Imke said...

Just great how you´ve receyled the packaging, Chrissy. As always a little work of Art - all your creations are a little work of Art ! Love it.

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Kate said...

This is brilliant!! What a fabulous transformation of your package! The little scene looks gorgeous!!

PS I'd take your wet summer over our current ice storm any day!!

Brenda said...

What a treasure you have created, definitely a beautiful epicycle, Chrissy.

Dotty Jo said...

Upcycling triumph! This is just perfect, Chrissy. Thanks for playing with the sisters, Jo x PS and I'm now off to try the hand sanitiser trick on my blocks.

pinky said...

You are a whizz at this upcycling Chrissy. This came up so gorgeous!!

Donna said...

Fabulous project!!!
Love it!
Thanks for playing along with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our R is for Reindeer challenge :)