Followers

Monday, February 6, 2023

JOURNAL PAGE..

 Hello everyone,

Well for me, the weekend is over and its Monday morning while typing this post, a little cooler this morning than what we had over the weekend and I have been busy..

I stopped making cards..I made toppers instead..sales are slow...wasting card stock...so pulled out a book from my stash and decided to fill it..I had made the cover and one layout ages ago and then it just sat on the shelf as I didn't know what to do with it, then a quote popped in my head that I heard someone say and that made me get going again..

" Do what you love and love what you do" 



I knew what I wanted to do with my background as I saw it on You Tube
Clips n cuts....so all these 12x12 papers were cut in half and in a folder..
I cut them onto small squares and started gluing..




Such a fun way to start a background and makes it thick and nice..
I used matt medium to glue them down and also over the top..
makes the paper non porous so you can add ink without problems..


Oop's postie interrupted me..


So here is the background all glued and dried..
Now lets muck it up..


Distress ink, Vintage photo and water, lots of it..


Ink up the top, spray with water and watch it run, if you get too much, sop it with
a baby wipe,,
Leave to dry.


This was in my parcel, a Tim Holtz flower die


and after die cutting one of the layers,
 this came out and it looks like an ink splat or a coffee splat.yay!


So cut heaps of those and leaves that I'm going to colour with my markers.


Glued the layers together..
then inked the second layer and coloured the centers.


and there we have flowers.


and leaves..


I sometimes wonder what possess me to colour all the these instead of using cardstock..


But I get the colour I really need..


and after splattering, I'm happy.



Put the flowers and leaves where I thought they looked good..
Then glued them down..


added butterflies from my butterfly making day..


Butterfly making day..



Added the quotes..and in this photo you can see I added more ink in the background,
I used my big brush marker and very fast, made the line of colour and smudged it with my finger, you don't have much time, so that was fun.


Love this quote..


and there we have it,
 a double page spread that makes me happy and I love my new flower.

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you Wednesday for DT..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter

613 Avenue Create   [anything goes]

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends   [anything goes]

We love to Create  [anything creative/mixed media goes]

A perfect Time to Craft  [ anything goes]

Beautiful Blossoms   [anything goes]






19 comments:

Dawn T said...

Just gorgeous Chrissy. A beautiful couple of pages

aussie aNNie said...

Wow! That's awesome Chrissy these pages are so fabulous and love your buttefly beauties here and those stunning flowers, you are indeed loving what you do.. ♥

Janette said...

Beautiful pages for your journal Chrissy, love the new flower die too and the 'splatt' always handy haha. Its good to do pages I think and as you say it does save on cardstock...enjoy whats left of your Monday, mine has just begun more or less.xxx

Margreet said...

Love your beautiful pages and also love your making of. You're such a creative girl.
xxx Margreet

Diane said...

Lots of beautiful and FUN work, and quite an accomplishment!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms!
Diane BB DT
{Nellies Nest}
{Beautiful Blossoms}

Chris said...

You do what you love so beautifully Chrissy! These pages are gorgeous- love your new flowers!
xx

Donna Ellis said...

Chrissy, once again, I am speechless (and that's quite a feat!). Your journal pages are GORGEOUS! thanks for showing your steps again. It really does inspire me that you 1) take the time to show us and 2) that I learn a lot from you! And yes, the flower layers really are incredible! It's always a pleasure seeing how crafters are inspired by the Mood Board at our challenge. Thank you for sharing your love of all things flowers at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. I hope to see more of your designs soon.
Crafting Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal pages and love your new beautiful flower dies -you have some fabulous ones love the butterflies too
Carol x

jimlynn said...

I love those flowers too! WOW! It's so amazing that you can take "nothing" and make something so beautiful with it! So much talent!!! LOVE your journal pages!
Lynn

Leanne Crystal said...

I love journal page. Its lovely to see such vibrant colours during February that aren't red! Leanne xx

Conniecrafter said...

Fantastic spread you have there, just perfect for your quote to have each part on the separate pages. Your flower die came just in time, love those flowers and your butterflies are just perfect with them!

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous journal spread Chrissy, ove the background you made and the colours! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Chrissy

gr karin

Donna Walls said...

Wow Chrissy! This is a fabulous and lovely journal spread. I love the colors and the mixed media. Thanks for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope you'll play again soon.
Donna xx

kiwimeskreations said...

'Found' you after reading your comment on Lynn's blog on the white shoes discussion :) Realised your were from Down Under, and better still, N.Z!
Loving your page Chrissy - that is beautiful, and it's a great quote too.
Blessings
Maxine (form Tokoroa)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Amazing creation, and a fabulously beautiful result Chrissy.
Faith x

Sarah said...

Wow!! Love this double page spread Chrissy and those pretty flowers and butterflies look amazing together xx

ScrappyHorses said...

This layout is so beautiful and would be perfect over at Paper à la Mode Challenge where the February Theme is 'I Love...' We are AG except Greeting Cards! If you'd like to play along, you can join us here:
https://theoutlawzchallenges-saturday.blogspot.com/2023/02/the-outlawz-saturday-paper-la-mode.html

pinky said...

Oh wow they really came out gorgeous. Great idea with the papers but it's how you decorate them up that really makes them striking. I loved seeing your little butterflies appear, looking perfectly at home with the gorgeous flowers. You really do have an amazing selection of dies Chrissy!