Followers

Sunday, March 26, 2023

STEAMPUNK TAG..

 Hello everyone,

I didn't think I was going to get back this weekend but here I am, back from Hadley's 5th Birthday party, boy do those kids get a lot of stuff these days..and the food and balloons and bouncy castles and just stuff all over the yard to play with, what a great day..

Made a Steampunk tag using up left over top hats, just had to..


I had five fussy cut hats left over, so, decided on a tag.


First spray, vintage photo..


second spray.. Forest Moss then Lumberjack plaid..


Then made mess..
 but it worked in the end, I added a metallic paint and it went splotchy.


But looks rather cool..


Glued on three of the hats...


Into my embellishments..


Made my decision, plus some gears..


Painted them black after gluing together to make a focal point..


Then with a DRY brush brushed on some metallic paint in brass


Went over that with gold..


And we have dimension...


And the end result..after gold splatters of ink and a length of black raffia
threaded through.. 

So there we go..
Thank you so much for stopping by..

I ate too much junk food at the party,
 think I would have learned by now wouldn't you..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter..

 Tag Tuesday   [your favourite them - steampunk for me]

Di's Digidesign  [mixed media]





16 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love this!❤️ Love your steampunk tag... very clever as always .. aww Hadley is 5 already, so quickly they grow x
x

Dawn T said...

WOW Chrissy... This tag is amazing.

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Chrissy, yes it's a mess but the result is fabulous, love that dark red, great vintage feel

gr karin

Janette said...

Fabulous tag Chrissy, I did nab the hat yesterday so will at some point be using it, but this is brilliant, love the colours.
Glad little Hadley had a great day, they get so much now don't they, for us it was special birthdays only, times change.xx

Margreet said...

Awesome tag Chrissy. When I visit your blog I always want to play with you, as your step by step photos look like a workshop.
I think we never learn to stop eating junk food when we get the chance to do....lol.
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Steampunk tag love all your sprays making a brilliant background and perfect embellishments
Carol x

Sarah said...

Five!?? How did that happen!! Sounds like a great Birthday party. LOVE the gorgeous colours on the base here Chrissy. Stunning tag xx

Chris said...

Fantastic Steampunk tag Chrissy- grungey and gorgeous!
Hadley's party sounds like fun- I love kids' parties! (especially when I don't have to clean up the debris afterwards! Or get the over- excited party goers to bed afterwards) xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Chrissy, your tag is phenominal, just wonderful, nd you have made me very happy that you linked it to Sandie's challenge at Ta-Tu! Hugs, Valerie

*Vicki* said...

What a brilliant steampunk tag! I love the look of your gears and key! The background turned out really cool with those hats! I love it! Sounds like those kids had a fun birthday time!! It would wear me out just watching! LOL

pinky said...

Sounds like Hadley had an amazing time Chrissy. Long gone are the days when you got a party bag and a piece of cake lol. This tag is a work of art woman. The background is amazing and your layout and embellishments so perfect!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tag Tuesday! You know how much we love your inspiration over there!!

Lorraine said...

A stunning tag Chrissy. Love the rich colours of the background and the cogs and key look fab
Lorraine x

Brenda said...

This is so cool! I love all that steampunky goodness and texture. Glad you had fun at Hadleyʻs party!

Conniecrafter said...

Love the steampunk look, very cool!

Michele said...

this turned out fantastic and i love seeing your process! thanks for linking to tag tuesday! xo

Sandra Wright. said...

Wow, the base of your tag is awesome, love the colours.
Love the Steampunk theme, just fabulous.
Thank you for playing along with us at Tag Tuesday x