Followers

Saturday, April 1, 2023

ART JOURNAL PAGES..

 Hello everyone,

Saturday late morning while typing this up and I'm waiting for paint and glue to dry so thought I would pop on here with my Art Journal pages I created with some of most favourite designers stuff..

Vicky Papaioannou  I have followed for years on you tube and just love her, now she does her own designs for Stamperia so had to play with her stuff..

Then there is Tim Holtz  I love lots of his stuff, can't afford it all but I love mostly his Flower and leaf dies from Sizzix,  so had to play with his stuff..

I also love Honey Bee Stamps  their dies for layering and the size of them is wonderful, didn't use any here but just wanted to mention..



So, here is my book, bulky now, not flat, 
so had to come up with a solution to make my life easier..


So, I put together 2 A4 size computer papers pages with collaged paper squares..
Which look Lavender but, they are not, they are blue green from Kaissercraft.


I have no idea why the picture changed colour,
 but these photos are more true to colour..


and I splattered them with blue paint or ink, one or the other, I forgot.


Had all my die cuts ready and started on my quotes, by using these very old alphabet chipboard stickers that I painted..


White..


Then water colored from the bottom up..


Until they looked like this..


Then inked up the edges for a bit of drama..


New die set from Tim Holtz, but they are fiddly and quite small, you get a lot, and not HARD to put together, but with my eye sight they were tricky..

Those splatter bits were the leftovers from that gorgeous flower die, big daisy type, which I've
used before and doing again shortly..


Balloon and book from Vicky's new release set..love.


Started gluing and using my clean acrylic blocks to hold it all down..


Pages still on my desk and not inside the book yet...


Leaves are Tim Holtz from the daisy set..love


And the lovely Balloon, I love hot air balloons.


And the coffee cups with steam sitting carefully on the letters..



So, pages glued in at last and I was so happy with my double spread journal book..

Thank you so much for stopping by, and have agreat weekend.
I'll see you Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Fab n Funky   [lots of layers]

We Love 2 Create   [anything mixed media goes]








14 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

BRILLIANT, BEAUTIFUL AND love your coffee journal pages.. xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this looks great and fantastic Chrissy

gr karin

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous journal pages Chrissy love all the dies especially the little coffee cups and hot air balloon
Carol x

Margreet said...

Gorgeous pages, Chrissy. You have used a lot of dies!
xxx Margreet

Chris said...

Lovely journal pages Chrissy- fabulous die cuts and I love the idea of coffee and a book...just perfect together and my idea of relaxation!
xx

Chris said...

Just popped back to thank you for joining in at Fab'n' Funky- plenty of beautiful layers here!
xx

Sarah said...

Yep, my favourite things Chrissy, coffee and a good book...well Kindle!! Glorious pages with beautifu detailling as always xx

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Your AJ layout turned out stunning Chrissy! I love the coffee theme along with all of your details in the flowers and that hot air balloon! I too love to watch all of these wonderful artist including you come up with amazing Art Journal inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing yours friend!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, you do such lovely artful journal pages, I mainly do junk journals, you did a beautiful job combining the die cuts!

pinky said...

I am sure there are a load of crafters who come to see your photo tutorials too Chrissy but they are always absolutely amazing! I love these gorgeous pages.

Brenda said...

Absolutely wonderful!

Janette said...

Amazing pages, love the colours and those die cuts are just perfect, love the hot air balloon, wonderful.xx

Sarn said...

Fabulous AJ page. Lots to enjoy looking at xxx

Polkadoodles said...

Gorgeous Chrissy! Thanks for joining the challenge at WeLove2Create challenge this week!