Followers

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

ORANGES AND LEMONS SAID THE BELLS OF ST CLEMENTS..

 Hello everyone,

I'm so sorry about the title and hope the song isn't in your head, because it was in mine form the time I separated my dies and die cut my lemons and even while making my card..even while gluing one pip at a time that blinking song was going through my head and sometimes coming out of my mouth...LOUD.

Anyway, I love the die set and I LOVE lemons, they to me are the sweet fruit, and cleanse the pallet after eating something fried, like fish. I don't like fruit and don't eat it, but I love lemons and the occasional banana.

Mmmm.., bit of a waft there, here's my card..




It all started with these papers, they were from a shop called Uncle Bills here in Hastings NZ..sort of like an emporium, lots of odd things and lots of them..great shop.


These are my new lemon dies, they are fiddly but fun..
all those pips get glued on one at a time..


I die cut and foamed up this frame set [also new]


Paper and frames in place..



And now time for the lemons to go on and all those tiny flowers, cut 2 at a time.



Mmmm, seen this picture before..
but here they are ready to go on..



Oh, I love this, something about the colour, my favourite..


Not too dimensional..


and some one hopped up to say Hi!...
and sat right in the middle of my mushrooms..

Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...





16 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Your coloring is so amazing! Really wonderful card! x

Dawn T said...

Delightful card Chrissy. Love the design

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with the lemon DP and all your new dies. I'm so happy that I don't know the song....lol.
So lovely to see Holly sitting in the middle of the mushrooms.
xxx Margreet

Janette said...

For one minute I thought Holly was sitting there while the glue dried, hahaha, bless her.
A gorgeous card, love the fresh feel it has, and Yes, now I am humming that song, I heard it so much at school, 'St Clements'...xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Your card is fabulous, love it. I am already singing - can you hear me? I grew up in London and knew all of the churches that are named in the rhyme. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Chris said...

I'm still smiling- imagining you crafting away and singing your head off at the same time! The card is beautiful Chrissy, so bright and fresh and pretty! The lemons look great- a lot of patience to stick on all those pips!
xx

Pia S said...

I love this card and how well the paper fits the style of the die cut lemons. Fiddly perhaps, but so worth it! And that die cut frame too, just gorgeous!

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic dies and papers, very beautiful card Chrissy

gr karin

jimlynn said...

I've never seen happy lemons before but am seeing them now. They're also gorgeous! LOVE this wonderful card.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely a gorgeous, elegant and happy card Chrissy! The papers are so pretty and I just love that wonderful detailed frame layering you've done with the lemons!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card and love the beautiful die-cut frames and lemons
Carol x

Brenda said...

Wow, the details, Chrissy! I especially love they way your frame is a little east of center, to me it really adds even more interest. Beautiful card. I love lemons too and planted a Meyer lemon tree a few years ago. I has quite a few fruits on it already and it is blooming again! I love making lemon bars with its plentiful, tart juice.

Conniecrafter said...

The paper is so lovely with your beautiful detailed lemon dies, pretty framing for them, and like the gold embossed sentiment with them too!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Absolutely gorgeous Chrissy, I love the lemons and the paper and your frame die is beautiful. I love lemons too, especially in tea. The black and gold sentiment shows everything off beautifully. Love the card.
Faith x

Lisa said...

Great die cuts on this super gorgeous lemon card. Hello kitty. :)

Sarah said...

Awwwww Holly!! A beautiful card Chrissy, lovely coordination. I made a lemon drizzle cake yesterday with lemon buttercream in the middle, best way to eat fruit!! xx