Followers

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

TROPICAL ENGAGEMENT..

 Hello everyone,

I was asked not too long ago to make a very large card from a father to his daughter on her engagement..I was given very little detail except she was asked on a beach in [ oh, I forgot, somewhere tropical] and had a hibiscus in her hair, the beach was very plain just lined behind them with palm trees, but the sea life was bountiful., so set my brain to work..

I remembered a die that was sent me by a blogging friend as a candy [I think}, years ago.. from Susan Flynn   thank you Susan.

And that started to whole idea..


I found the die and die cut some of pretty colours 
added the same colour stamen.


sorted out a tray of netting and sea life,,


The flowers were inked around the edges as they were a tad flat.


Ferns inked and die cut, die cut then inked actually.


My beautiful turtle die, die cut and inked and splattered..


Little palm trees die cut and inked and splattered..


The Dad sent me a photo to use if I wish from his cell phone,
 so took me awhile to edited that a bring it up to size,,


I'm ready'and trembling with excitement.


My first cluster for the bottom of the card..


My second cluster of flowers and shell for across the top..



The sand and sea were ripped scraps of card stock
and my cluster was added...


Bulky, but that is what he ordered, the card was 12 inches high and 6 inches wide..


The photo was framed and the palm tree added to the frame along with some flowers,
 white paint made the foam for the sea to make the edges meet..


and here she is, all done..

I was thrilled with it and so was the Dad, he picked it up from my son's garage and forgot to pay he was so excited, and he came
  rushing back in and paid, so funny..

So there we go,
Thank you so much for stopping by,
I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

613 Avenue Create    [anything goes]

Crafty Calendar   [anything goes]

Digidesign challenge   { load on the flowers]


Cut it up    [ Created a scene]

Beautiful Blooms challenge   [ mood board]









19 comments:

Janette said...

What a lovely story behind this beautiful card Chrissy. Its so personal and detailed, a real keep sake for the couple. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous ❤️❤️ very tropical and romantic card xx

Pia S said...

This is a wonderful card, I love that you incoporated the photo of them and blinged it up with flowers, shells and sealife. This is going to be a much treasured card!

*Vicki* said...

Wow, this is really amazing Chrissy! What a very special and personalized card design! I love that you've added in the photo and created such a wonderful beach scene around it! Those flowers look amazing!

jimlynn said...

Absolutely stunning in every way! WOW!! So much detail and beauty!
Lynn

Valerie-Jael said...

This card is really a dream, love everything about it. No wonder the dad was so excited! Hugs, Valerie

Chris said...

No wonder the Dad was thrilled, a fabulous, beautifully personalised card capturing a very special moment in his daughter's life. You excelled yourself Chrissy!
xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a great idea and gorgeous card Chrissy

gr karin

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely fabulous personalised card/keepsake,love the pic as focal and all the fabulous dies-you have the perfect dies for every occassion
Carol x

Brenda said...

WOW, Chrissy, absolutely gorgeous! I love your turtle die, can you tell me where you got him? Your ferns look real and the hibiscus couldnʻt be more perfect.

CA Scrapper said...

Wow, that is so gorgeous!! You did a beautiful job on your project. Thanks for joining our Create a Scene challenge at Cut It Up.

Leslie

Conniecrafter said...

Oh you did a fabulous job on this card, I am so sure she will totally love it! Perfect arranging of it all!

Sarah said...

That is an INCREDIBLE make from the briwf Chrissy. They are going to treasure that gorgeous card xx

Dawn T said...

Absolutely stunning. Will a keepsake for sure. An awesome card to remember the engagement.

Em Louise Fairley said...

Chrissy, this is absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. I hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

Hugs, Em
613 Avenue Create DT
Creative Em my blog
Creative Em on YouTube my Youtube channel

Donna Walls said...

Gorgeous tropical card and such a lovely card from a father to his baby girl on her engagement. Thanks for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope you'll join in again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Of course, he was excited to receive such a stunning and unique card, I'm sure his daughter will keep it forever. Love the size too. A Very personal and wonderful card Chrissy.
Faith x

Larelyn said...

This is absolutely perfect. Such a gorgeous scene created for such a special photo. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up Create a Scene challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Aimeslee Winans said...

{FAINT}! Wow wow wow. I sure hope you got $$$$$$ for it, worth every bit! XOX