Followers

Saturday, October 21, 2023

THREE CARDS AND VERY LITTLE PAPER..

 Hello everyone,

I'm sharing three Christmas cards in three days and using very little paper..


I picked out three 6x6 patterned papers..


and cut them in half, now I have 6,
 and glued them onto cardstock to make panels.


There they all are..


and now distress them, really rough them up, so satisfying..


Six roughed up panels ready to go.


This red and white zig zag paper was a sheet from an old 12x12 pad
and cut into two 6x8 panels and matted onto green card stock.
Now it is my background..


This card, and the next two cards [ tomorrow and the next day]
were inspired by the flowers on the paper.


So I die cut flowers that I have had in my stash from the beginning of time
and rolled them and soften them and made sure that center bit stayed in..


See the resemblance.


and there they are, just need some stamens..


Which I did by using Nuvo Crystal drops.


Sorting through my bells..


Which led to me pulling all my Christmas stuff out..
which took up time..BUT...I found some stuff..


Silver heart stickers, who have nearly lost their stick, 
and straws that I painted up and snowed and tied from last year..


So, on went the straws [ logs]..


One lucky last pinecone and white bells..


The pine needles were freshly die cut, along with a few words we won't mention when they didn't
want to cut and a couple of berries floating inside my Christmas tub..


This sentiment is an LOTV stamp set and I stamped quite a few,
 and cut this one in the star shape because...


There were stars in the papers too, and it looks really good...


And finally done, 
the silver stars were scattered about to fill gaps that to me, needed filling.

So, there we go..

One big fat dimensional Christmas card made,
 and two or three or even maybe five to come..
but definitely two more..

Thank you so much for stopping by..

I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Crafty Catz   [anything goes - option lots of layers]

Cut it up   [add a sentiment]

My Time to Craft   [Must be Christmas - Add a pinecone]








18 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's a beautiful card and great papers Chrissy

gr karin

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A stunning card
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
My Blog

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing and exquisitely designed, your edges look fabulous distressed and fabulous result .... as always xx

Margreet said...

Gorgeous build up of that gorgeous card. Great idea of cutting the DP in half and glue them on cardstock. So handy to have them ready to use.
xxx Margreet

Janette said...

I love your 'big fat card' Chrissy, it looks so festive and so cheery, make any 'Scrooge' glad its Christmas time :))
Now, about the offer of those grandsons of yours, just how far can you throw, lol....its a lovely thought isn't it, trying to get workmen to do a job here is like trying to get blood from a stone...
Have a lovely evening. xx

Chris said...

It's gorgeous Chrissy, lovely papers and colours and so beautifully designed and embellished.
xx

coldwaters2 said...

WOW stupendous festive creation Chrissy what detail what beauty top notch card
hugs
lorraine x

jimlynn said...

So pretty and so many details. I'm loving the pine and bells at the top too. VERY nice for the holidays!
Lynn

Conniecrafter said...

I like how you matched your flowers with the ones in the paper, you found some great embellishments in your tub of goodies, I love the white bells and pinecone, the stars were a great finishing touch!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous, as always. And thaks for your kind words on my blog yesterday, that meant a lot to me! Hugs, Valerie

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous Christmas card love the papers,all the dimension and the embellishments matched the paper perfectly.
Carol x

Heather said...

Gorgeous!! I love all the fabulous details you added; specially that pinecone cluster at the top! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

Becca Sadler said...

Thanks so much for sharing at My Time To Craft Christmas challenge blog's pine cones theme!!! I love all the depth of your multi mixed media elements! Spectacular!! --Becca (also have you heard about my new challenge blog called FarmQuest Country Christmas? It is all about outdoors/exterior/rural Christmas decorations and anything wintery/snowy/icy landscapes or nature elements. This card will work over there if you're interested.)

Alyson Mayo said...

This is very pretty with all the details. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTCC :)

Brenda said...

You definitely chose the perfect embellishments for your paper! Gorgeous card!

pinky said...

You must have the most exciting craft room to plunder through Chrissy!! Another beautiful project!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such beautiful work and such clever thinking again.
Faith x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at My Time to Craft Christmas. Hope to see you again.