Followers

Thursday, October 26, 2023

TRICK OR TREAT - HALLOWEEN..DT

 Hello everyone,

I'm hostess over at LITTLE RED WAGON  this week and I'm looking for Halloween as it my youngest sons Birthday today [43] and Holly's love, and he used to love going trick or treating...BUT!..we are not big celebraters  of this event and I never went with the kids and he got himself into a bit of trouble, so we always have to mention it to him this time of the year.. Happy birthday you little trickster!!!

This card I'm sharing is a cased card..Diane Williams over on Facebook  made this card..and I really loved the concept so I cased it..in my way.


This is Dianes card, isn't it beautiful."

So, I had in my head what I wanted to do..


and found this image on the net, printed it and inked it..


Then made a simple black frame, layered up of course making it thick and strong..


Time for leaves, and the closest I have to rose leaves are these ones from Altenew
which are pretty much perfect.



Cardboard box panel dimension..


On went the frame..


Splatters of blood..eek..


Leaves glued into place..



and these incredible, dimensional foam rose buds, 


wowser, look at that..


some sparkly gems to soften the blow..


mmmm..nearly there, something needed in the corners..


so fished around in one of my many boxes of flowers and found these tiny red rose buds.
well, not even buds they are open but very small..


and just squished then in the corners to fill annoying gaps..


And there you go..DONE!!

So, thank you Diane for your inspiration and thank you all so much for stopping by..

I'll see you tomorrow, with who knows what!!..BUT,
Let me just say it was inspired by this card and was for an order..

luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

CRAFT challenge  Halloween

 Craft Rocket Challenge   Autumn and or/Halloween

Through the Purple Haze   Halloween or colour pallete










 




16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous, there seems to be lots of talent in your group. It'sy a strange feeling when our babies are grown up, my daughter is 57 and that makes me feel old. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Chris said...

Wow! Fantastic Halloween card Chrissy, it's a brilliant take on the original, very gothic and creepy!
xx

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! This is totally amazing Chrissy! What a fantastic CASE of her project! I'm loving the added red splattering and those roses with your design! That is such a fun Halloween card for sure! I do love it!! TFS!

KarinsArtScrap said...

fab and gorgeous halloween card Chrissy

gr karin

Brenda said...

I love your very spooky CASE, beautiful job. I so admire your blood spatters 🙂.

Kate said...

Ohhh - horribly spooky card (which, in this case, is a wonderful thing!!)! Your take on the inspiration is fabulous and I especially like those red splatters. Happy birthday to your son!

aussie aNNie said...

EEEEKKK Chrissy skulls from my nursing days of training are always embedded in my mind in a bad way but you have made this fabulous one and love the splats and flowers also great take On Diane Williams casing.. xx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

An awesome card
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

pinky said...

Oh wow your son is going to LOVE this card Chrissy. It's class! Hope your grown up trickster behaves himself (or not) today!!

Janette said...

Fabulously spooky image, what a brilliant card I am not at all surprised you were inspired by it Chrissy.
My youngest son will be 43 on Halloween, we also used to do parties and everything when he was small, but not now, he can sort himself out now he's far to big ...hahaha...Hope yours had a good day. xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card Chrissy love the roses with the skull and blood splatters.
Carol x

Carol L said...

I love seeing the process of how this card came together. What a fun Halloween make and those roses are really beautiful too!

Conniecrafter said...

I am not a big skull person myself but I will have to say those roses are just gorgeous and like the layering on the leaves!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

More fabulous work. All put together so beautifully.
Faith x

JanR said...

Such a fun and spooky card, Chrissy! Those red roses are the perfect idea for this card!

Sheryl said...

A spooktacular card!
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx