Followers

Saturday, November 11, 2023

CHRISTMAS # 15

 Hello everyone,

This is another I made a while ago, no process pictures  but I used up so much stuff and used some really old dies, must get them out and do it again..


This is a lovely poinsettia die, but I used it wrong..I mean
I never pinched the petals to make them look 3D, I roll them which was 
harder on my fingers, but I've since learned.


The leaves got a blob of white Nuvo drops to
resemble berries and the sweet little bird was cut from a 12 x12
papers sheet....a long time ago.,


I cut a cute doily in matt gold and added a flower and some berries...


The edges were distressed and all the layers puffed up.


A simple organza bow in gold and the red ribbon threaded through a die cut border, love it..
It's a Marianne Designs wavy border die, had it for years..


a slight side view..


and all finished...

You can tell I made it a while ago as it is 6x6 square and I don't do that anymore,
the postage here was shocking for square cards.

So there we go, thank you so much for stopping by,
The backsplash is complete and off on Monday to the glass place..
IThe person who ordered it is coming for dinner tonight and tsking it with her when she leaves, it was a labor of love and I'm exhausted, no more please..
it was like making 8 Steampunk cards all in a row..phew..

I'll see you tomorrow..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter..

Crafty Catz    anything goes/option, make it sparkle

Creative Fingers   Anything goes

Cut it Up   Layer it up





15 comments:

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Chrissy, love the vintage look.
Hope we get to see the splash back, sounds amazing. xx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card and so much to see, I know how layered you make your gorgeous cards and this is certainly one of those ❤️❤️

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with a beautiful flower and other details. Love the bird at the top of your DP.
xxx Margreet

Conniecrafter said...

I agree if I can't hand deliver a square card then I am not sending one. That is gorgeous and with all that lovely dimension too!, such a cute image to go with it and love the touches of lace and ribbon with it, quite the beauty!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic cards, I am always impressed! Hugs, Valerie

Chris said...

Another stunning Christmas card Chrissy, love the vintage look!
Can't wait to see that splashback- hope there are LOADs of photos!
xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful layered card and love all the distressing.We don't get charged extra for square cards,but I put a teeny tiny bow on one and got charged £4!!!Lesson learnt!
Carol x

Lynne said...

A beautiful card Chrissy. Our post prices go on thickness and they hardly have to have any embellishments before you get charged extra. That is why most of my cards are quite flat, but I do love adding flowers etc. x

pinky said...

She is a very lucky lady to get this beautiful card Chrissy. I love seeing all the layers and those flowers work beautifully!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm sure it was accepted with Oh's and Ah's, for this stunning card.
Faith x

Sarah said...

A beaituful traditional card Chrissy xx

coldwaters2 said...

WOW WOW W?OW my heart has been lost to this stunning, awesome festive make Chrissy it is everything that I love outstanding work
hugs
lorraine x

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Chrissy

gr karin

Brenda said...

More beautiful dimension, and all your very special elements. Congrats on getting the backsplash done. I hope we get to see it someday.

Larelyn said...

Thank you for joining our Cut it Up "Layer it Up" challenge. Please join our newest challenge #291 "Friends and Family."
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)