Followers

Wednesday, May 15, 2024

LETS GET ROCKED... DT

 Hello everyone,

DT time for LITTLE RED WAGON  and our fabulousKate is hostess with the theme ...

" LET'S GET ROCKED " - Inspired by a rock song and please let us know the song in your post.

Not hard in fact super fun....

Can you guess what mine is?...


I have a dog whose patches turn into holes, that's not what I wanted..


So cut him again in black, that didn't work either, 
the lights were on but no one was home!!!!


Then I got it, I just cut little bits of black and glued over the patches..


now he looks complete..after inking,
 and used a pen around his nose, eyelid and added some lashes..


dir cut my drum set and some musical instruments...
Have you guessed yet?


Made a vintage tag and already to glue it all together..


gave the band a name...


made the lashes a bit darker and longer..


and done..

You ain't nothing but a hound dog, 
Elvis Presley...
Fun right?..


so come on over, link up a rock song project, anything you like..


Thank you so much for stopping by..
I'll see you later on with another DT..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter...

Crafty Animals   ( Anything Goes)

Critter Crazy   ( Anything Goes)

Pearly Sparkles   ( Cats and Dogs)


17 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very clever Chrissy, love the card. As for die cutting twice, and suddenly realising it doesn't work like that, and the pieces have to be attached? Yep, I've done that a few times. x

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh this tag is super cute Chrissy! I love that "hound dog" strutting across the front with all of the musical details in the background! Super fun and cute!

KarinsArtScrap said...

o he is cute and a fantastic tag Chrissy....gr karin

Margreet said...

Brilliant dog and you made a awesome tag with the Elvis Presley song.
xxx Margreet

Paperesse said...

Wowsa!!! Once again, Chrissy, you've outdone yourself. This is a fantastic tag and you nailed the song tie-in.

crafty-stamper said...

Great take on the challenge and love the song choice and cute die cut pup-but the die-cut drum kit looks amazing.
Carol x
Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles.
Carol DT x

Chris said...

Brilliant- love your hound dog and drum kit- great choice of song, it's playing over and over in my head right now!
xx

Brenda said...

Of course it's hound dog! Love this! (and now it's in my brain). Did you get an email from me?

aussie aNNie said...

You ain't nothing but a hound dog, Elvis wasn't it.. well this is so darned brilliant and amazing crafting.. xx

Janette said...

Love the pup, he is gorgeous, what a brilliant tag Chrissy, wonderful. xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Thank you for taking the time to explain all of your ways you manage to "offload" what you make to homes they will be well-loved. How you solved the holey hound is perfect in my book and beats the heck out of finding and not losing all the tiny die cuts, coloring them and reinserting them. Geez, cannot tell you the number of dies I've bought but then I think through how to and just go yuck because they have a million pieces. At any rate, that's a first class tag worthy of The King for sure, xoxo

coldwaters2 said...

This to me is spectacular I am in love with that little doggy black spots and all, the rock music background is perfect I love it
hugs
lolo x

Conniecrafter said...

You had me stumped on that one, he is a little cutie, glad you figured out how to deal with the holes left behind, it is a great effect once you put the black behind! Very clever

JanR said...

Awesome tag, Chrissy! You rocked this challenge! Love how you "fixed" the doggy die cut.

Kate said...

I just LOVED this post and trying to figure out the song. I made it before the reveal but think it took me too long all the same. Awesome, awesome card!!

Gale said...

He is so cute Chrissy! And perfect for the song. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Pearly Sparkles Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
Gale DT for
http://pearlysparkleschallenge.blogspot.com/

Helen said...

Great design - love how you gave him patches and I did guess the song before the end of your post!

Thanks for joining us at the Critter Crazy Challenge.

Helen x
DT