Followers

Thursday, May 2, 2024

SOFT OR BOLD..DT

 Hello everyone,

That last fortnight flew by, and now we are into May already and time for another new challenge over at ..

As You Like It  where Elaine is our hostess and the theme is " SOFT OR BOLD"...

Well I really like the bold, not often do you see me with pastel, I like them, but prefer the bold..so bold we go.. and another nautical..



Made a bit of a shape for this one, and no designer papers in sight,
 this is all cardstock..


Navy and white is such a lovely bold look for nautical.


This is the shape and yes, it is crooked..


I'm terrible, I do not measure,
 I eyeball with my one eye and get it crooked everytime


But get by, and I think the colours are awesome, can't wait to decorate..


but first lets bold it up a bit more with a thin strip of red, and boom, there it is..


added a die cut chain...


and an oval onto the front panel with a nautical scene..


Added Nuvo gold crystal drops for the porthole detail..


Folds away..


and couldn't get by without Stanley..


a ship wheel, lantern and candle ephemera...
which is really the front, when youo pen you see the oval pop out..


so do come and join us 


Thank you so much for stopping by...
I'll see you soon, I'm off to cover a few more boxes, my room is looking very cool..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter....

Ally's Angels   [anything goes]

Classic Design   [ anything goes/ optional Happy Birthday]

Love to Craft    [ anything goes]








17 comments:

chrissy xx said...

Simply GORgeous! I LOve how you take us through all the elements to make your cards Chrissy. I for one really appreciate it x
FAB colours and design!
Chrissyxx

aussie aNNie said...

COOL card design and amazing nautical scene.. xx

Janette said...

Lovely nautical card, who doesn't love navy and white and as always all the elements you add make it look fabulous.
I am also an 'eye baller' Chrissy, its so rare I actually take measurements but I think I do fine, so far so good, keep on with what you love, it works. xx

Sarah said...

A wonderful bold card Chrissy. You do "by eye" brilliantly, I'd never have known xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Another wonderful card, Chrissy, well done! Hugs, Valerie

Chris said...

Your fold looks fabulous Chrissy (doesn't look crooked to me...maybe it's because I have one working eye too...:))) The bold colours and design are perfect for a nautical card- gorgeous as always.
xx

Kath said...

A fabulous bold card Chrissy.
Kath x

Lynne said...

A fabulous nautical card Chrissy. Love the little seagull and design x

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a gorgeous card and shape Chrissy, great papers.........gr karin

Margreet said...

Love to see how a project is growing under your hands.
Love to see Stanley again!
xxx Margreet

Elaine Stark said...

Very creative. I love the colour combo and this unusual fold. Elaine

coldwaters2 said...

I don't think I see you using pastels very much Chrissy but you have done a fantastic job going bold, bright and beautiful the nautical theme is ACE love the colours and that chain effect, the card fold is something I have never seen before but I love it great adding the oval with the ship and I assume Stanley is the seagull, lol, this is super duper well done
hugs
lolo x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Well, you had me until that last photo. Don't underrstand at all why the brown ship wheel and lamps, do they fold in on that line? I thought the card looks fab with just the front oval and Stanley! Oh well, I don't need to understand. Just enjoy your play by plays. xoxo

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fold and Nautical card,love the colours and dies and of course little Stanley.
Carol x

Lisa said...

Your bold nautical card is absolutely stunning! The navy and white color scheme creates a classic and striking look, and the addition of the red strip adds a perfect pop of color. The die-cut chain, nautical scene, and Nuvo gold crystal drops for the porthole detail add wonderful dimension and charm, making it a truly standout creation!

Conniecrafter said...

Very cool, I really like the shape of the card and the vintage ephemera on the front and the neat scene for the inside!

pinky said...

Oh it's perfectly sea worthy Chrissy! Love the shape, the gorgeous card colours and beautiful design!!