Followers

Friday, August 2, 2024

WALK ON THE WILD SIDE..

 Hello everyone..

Journals, I love the word but, I'm not a journal writing person, I don't do notes all over the place like I used to, BUT!!..I love the concept and love making booklets and themed projects, cutting pictures from magazines and re purposing them, stickers and dies, I love my dies, so in saying that, I've made a book..just pictures a few word stickers and this is it..

It's a long one, a little bit of how to and what I used, but mainly the finished pages...


My base is a large white envelope.


I covered the middle and out side with scrapbook papers
and on the left is a booklet attached with washi tapes and a bit of glue,
right on the edge so it folds in or out....


the blank page on the right needed a pocket for bits n bobs,
 but something a bit different..


A simple paper bag with the top part cut off..


Glued in place and opened up to pop bits inside..


Folds down nice and flat..


GASP!!..gorgeous papers from Uniquely paper pad..
and some Stamperia


and loads of ephemera, die cuts and some panels
 I had pre made for something to do..




Beautiful animal papers from the wild


So cute and gorgeous colours


So, here it is getting ready to decorate..the paper bag
has been covered in paper panels on the right
and a pocket made on the back of the booklet on the left..


Bag a little more stiff now with the paper covering..


Booklet folded over into the center and its cover..


book pages stenciled with embossing paste


and inked and watered then dried..
and now I'll share it all put together..


Booklet on inside and bag laying flat..


Tags and stickers inside the bag..


and tucked away..


Front..


 Pages 1 & 2


3 & 4


5 & 6


7 & 8


9 & 10


11 & 12


13 & 14


!5 & 16




17 & 18 ( My favourite pages )


19 & 20


21 & 22


Front cover..




Notebook ties onto the back..


Notebook tied on and in place...

Wow, that was a long one, hope you enjoyed and thank you so much for stopping by..

I'll see you on the weekend maybe..

Luv CHRISSYxx


Challenges to enter....

The Paper Funday challenge   ( anything goes - option Critter Crazy )

We love to Create Mixed Media   ( Anything goes )

Inkspirational   ( Woodland )

Crafty Animals Challenge   ( Anything Goes - include an animal )

Art Journal Journey   (Wonderfully Wild )

Crafting Happiness Challenge   ( Forest Friends )






27 comments:

Margreet said...

I surely enjoyed your long post with all the beautiful photos of the making of and the stunning end booklet.
xxx Margreet

Janette said...

OMG Chrissy, this is one 'fat' journal, wow, so many pages and papers and gorgeous images, you really went to town and it worked perfectly. Some gorgeous pages, I can't pick a favourite, sorry, they are all fabulous. You need a rest now surely, hahaha. xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, so many beautiful pages! I love that you made your own journal and the backgrounds are amazing and the perfect backdrop for all those lovely nature images šŸ˜Š. Journals come in lots of forms and your booklets are very pretty. Thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey! Hugs, Jo x

Gillena Cox said...

This iis truly an amazibg project. Happy Friday.

much♡love

Chris said...

Wow!
Chrissy, I very much enjoyed, thank you.
It's absolutely stunning. ALL of the pages are my favourites!!
A fantastic journal in every way.
xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Amazing work, Chrissy! xoxo

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, wonderful creation. You must be so please. Have a great day. Anesha x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is phenomenal. I was blown away by how you created this and the finished pages. I followed along and really enjoyed seeing each step as it progressed. Your finished book is over the top gorgeous and it is absolutely perfect for Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thanks ever so much for sharing it with us.

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic and great project Chrissy......fab images......gr karin

coldwaters2 said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, exceptional creation a true work of not only art but love your images of the animals with the die cuts etc are stupendous and I love this so much, I love all the animals that you have featured in your journal your eye for detail and design is outstanding Chrissy well done excellent work
hugs
lolo x

Valerie-Jael said...

Totally fabulous, so much to see and enjoy. I tried to pick a favourite but I love them all! Hugs, Valerie

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! This is stunning work, as always Chrissy. I have had a looky at all I have missed, how could I, such beautiful work. I'm happy to read you had an upgrade in your craft room. Your baby card is a stunner too. x

Donna Walls said...

Awesome journal Chrissy and a true labor of love. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing you again this month!
Donna xx
The Paper Funday Challenges
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

chrissy xx said...

Your mind does work in such Wonderful ways Chrissy.
A FABulous booklet! So much detail and amazing pages.
LOve it.
Chrissyxx

My name is Erika. said...

This is absolutely stunning Chrissy. I love how you shared how to make this book too. The wildlife pictures are perfect for Jo's challenge! Thank you for linking up to AJJ. I love the bag too. That's such an unusual addition, and you have so many eye catching details. Did this take you a long time to make? I hope you make more books and join us at AJJ again int he future. Happy weekend hugs-Erika

Pia S said...

I have actually never made a junk journal or journal, but I love seeing them and I have watched tons of videos. I believe that when I have more free time and time at home I’m going to make one. Your journal is beautiful, detailed and would make a lovely gift.

Pia S said...

Coming back to say thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational! So glad to see it in the gallery therešŸ˜Š

pinky said...

Oh wow Chrissy that is truly amazing and must be so gorgeous to flip through. I love how you used the paper bag, genius!! Keep making these because you are such a natural. I love the idea of them but never sure what I would use them for, maybe photos? I want to make one for sure!!

aussie aNNie said...

So pretty, lovely backgrounds and a gorgeous design x

*Vicki* said...

You're such a creative crafter Chrissy! I just love your notebook and your papers you've worked with look stunning! Thank you for sharing your processes along with all of the pages! I loved looking at each one and I especially loved your idea with the paper bag inside! Very cool idea and this makes for such a lovely art journaling gift to someone or yourself!

Kym Decker said...

FANTASTIC!!!!Your journal book and pages are absolutely amazing1 I love that you showed us your creative process as you put each page together! Perfectly done!!

Conniecrafter said...

I enjoyed very much, your little booklet makes a wonderful artistic beauty for sure, lovely images and pages that you can enjoy for years to come. I don't always write in mine either but I do on occasion if something has happened I want to remember :) I especially loved your stencil paste on the book page, I may have to try that on a card :)

Sharon Fritchman said...

WOW, Chrissy! This is absolutely amazing. I was blown away by all of the pages and the creative way you made this album with envelopes and a paper bag! Thank you for sharing how you made it! Hugs, Sharon

Brenda said...

Wow, what a beautiful project. I love all those gorgeous paper. Your attention to detail is amazing.

Paperesse said...

Wowsa, Chrissy!!! This is one awesome project. Bravo!!!

cm said...

Hi Chrissy...dropping in to share that your awesome woodland-themed art journal is a Top Pick at Inkspirational. Congratulations; thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us! Hopefully you'll join us for our current Mood Board challenge.
~carol

Polkadoodles said...

WOW! GREAT tutorial Chrissy! Love your project so much! Thanks for joining us at the WeLove2Create challenge this month - good luck! x Nikky