Hello everyone,
We are all set for this week at LITTLE RED WAGON with our lovely Kate as hostess and going along with her Billy Joel inspired themes and this week we have PIANO MAN - inspired by music.
This is what I got up to..
Now, I feel real bad about this but I was given this music book which I never read anything inside for a long time and when I did I noticed it was inscribed at it is now over 100 years old and I ripped pages out, BUT, in my defense those pages are beautiful now and will live a lot longer and became my background papers.
Lovey lace in black and new music die..
They look gray but the light was against me..
the die was cut a popped onto dimensionals to make it quite high..
lace was my border then added a strip of gold and added gold half pearls
and little red roses from Wild Orchid Crafts
A simple sentiment and done.
So do come and play HERE
Thank you so much for stopping by,
I'll see you tomorrow..
Luv CHRISSYxx







13 comments:
what a great die and a gorgeous card Chrissy,,,,,,,,,,,,,gr karin
Beautiful Chrissy, that lace is gorgeous. xx
It's a beautiful card and you are right concerning the old pages....lol.
Delightful card, Chrissy! That black lace is gorgeous!
Gorgeous, love the music background and that die is so cool, never seen anything like it, Gorgeous lace for the border and like the pop of red with the flowers!
Love the new die Chrissy- and your clever use of it! The music papers are perfect as a background, the gorgeous lace and roses add a touch of feminine glamour. xx
Lovely way you brought this music inspired design together with the vintage book pages, bold black lace, and the raised die that adds great height, and the touches of gold with the pearls and roses give your project a rich and elegant finish.
Fabulous card, love the beautiful lace and new music die.
Carol x
Amazing card, Chrissy. I like the lace and it´s good that the old book become another job.
Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE
Such a gorgeous card! And yes, the papers are absolutely beautiful! It's too bad you didn't see the inscription until after you cut things up but perhaps you wouldn't have used the book. Some things are just meant to be. :)
A beautiful card, Chrissy. I love the way you embellish your projects. Your music page looks absolutely perfect, using it this way will allow so many more to enjoy it!
Nothing wrong with repurposing books Chrissy, better than getting dumped in a landfill for sure and look how elegant it all looks with the black and gorgeous lace and beautiful die. I absolutely love it.
Oh, now this is GORGEOUS!!! The black lace trim and little red roses are the perfect finishing touches.
Post a Comment