Followers

Friday, September 27, 2019

SWANS ARE FUN TOO..



Hello Everyone..

So we all know I loved playing with the frogs...well, I love playing with swans too..more new dies from Buddly Crafts they ship over to here so fast 7 days..boom..

                                           A slightly different and fun technique for me too..


Lots of die cutting on this day [ about 2 weeks ago] and sponging colours through the dies and hand colouring bull rushes, [  but now I found an easier way and so much more quicker..show you later..]


So I discovered in my local stationary shop Linen texture card stock..not new but I've never thought about it before..

I wanted to make a solid back ground and so swiped the panel with the ink pad...as the ink dries it fades and goes all nice and soft..in colour.


Looks like a blotchy mess here, but the photographer is pants and IRL they are really nice.




Added my water lilles and swans...die cut sentiments and gems for some sparkle


The lighting was shocking and the background do not look very good..



Gosh, my room is either too light or too dark for photos..this is the best of a bad bunch..

So while I'm here, here is some more frogs..





Thanks so much for stopping by..See you soon..

Luv CHRISSYxx







14 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Theses are brilliant Chrissy I really love the cute frogs but those bullrushes look great and the cards with the swans and water lillies are soo beautiful-like the background you made too-great tip!
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful creativity going on here with pretty result.xx
Enjoy your weekend.x

Janette said...

Wow Chrissy is there no end to your talents, the Swans are so beautiful and the speed of that delivery is brilliant, worth dealing with, anyways, love these cards your making, so different, and I do love linen cardstock, always buy from Papermill. Have a lovely day.xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

sweet and lovely swan cards Chrissy the frog cards are beautiful
Gr Karin

Chris said...

Beautiful cards with your lovely new dies Chrissy, the swans and waterlilies team perfectly and look lovely against the muted backgrounds, love the bright and beautiful froggy creations!
xx

*Vicki* said...

Wow Chrissy, your linen backround looks amazing with the swans! Love all of your wonderful die cut pieces to create these fantastic scenes you've made wit them! I love them all!! Thanks for sharing the inspration! HUGS

jimlynn said...

I've never thought to do that with linen card stock - but will try it. Beautiful cards and yes, I do love that swan too! Looks perfect against the background.
Lynn

pam said...

Gorgeous cards Chrissy, fabulous backgrounds and scenes.
Pam x

Carol S. said...

All of the cards are stunning. Love all of the elements and the designs. Have a lovely weekend. Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

Lisa Lynn said...

Chrissy those swans are just gorgeous too. You are so creative and you got some wonderful dies. You are just having too much fun!

Sarah said...

I know...Buddly Crafts are amazing and have such fantastic stock. You have done an amazing job with your new stuff. I love the inked linen card, what a great idea xx

Meihsia Liu said...

Love love love the gorgeous swans and the cute little frogs! Chrissy. All these cards are fabulous! :)

pinky said...

That's a fab idea Chrissy. I think I have some linen card so must give that a go. I just love all your beautiful creations today!!

Words and Pictures said...

The inked linen paper looks wonderful - what a great effect, and so simple just swiping the ink pad across the texture. The swan cards are so elegant, and I love the air-brushed effect on the water lily petals. The frogs are so cute!
Alison x