Followers

Thursday, October 3, 2019

ONE INKY SHEET TWO SEASONAL CARDS..


Hello everyone...

I have just finished work this afternoon [Thursday ] and my day off tomorrow so thought I would pop in and say hi!..

I have been dabbling again with inks and made a real pretty background that would serve two purposes one Winter and one Autumn..I have no idea how it happened, it just did...that's the way ink rolls....and then I forgot to take a picture while it was whole...!!??


Thank you Holly, I can show these by myself..


So this was the sheet but I had already die cut it out and sort of put it back together so you could see how each side was different..Autumn Colours and Winter pines.


Then I made an oxide ink background like a night sky....added splatters of white paint for stars or snow..


Glued down the trees and a sentiment and it was done..


The other side of the sheet had this gorgeous yellow hue in it so an Autumn card was born..with grey cloudy skies and a few birds flying inland for the Winter..


The cloudy border die came from my friend Annie and I inked the edges for a bit of chilly depth and the light grey card stock got a swipe with the ink pad  too..


And here they are together...two seasons one inky sheet..

Thanks so much for stopping by...think I will go find some challenges...
See you soon..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Challenges to enter..

Crafting By Designs  [anything goes]

Daisy Chain Challenge  [Autumn is coming]

Cardz 4 Guys  [tree's leaves or both]











16 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL love the inky sheets and brilliant cards.xx

Chris said...

I agree with Annie...these are BEAUTIFUL Chrissy, love your inky backgrounds and die cuts.
xx

Janette said...

Oh I love your ideas Chrissy they always look so brilliant when finished. So nice to see Holly again, she looks adorable, lucky girl she chose you..xx

Words and Pictures said...

Two magical cards - the treeline works perfectly in both settings. I love those vivid green tones (I think Holly should watch out that her splendid white fur doesn't end up with green patches!), and while it's a close-run thing, I think the soft duck egg background just edges it for me... I adore the bird silhouettes soaring overhead (overtree?).
Alison x

Jane Willis said...

Love how different it looks cut in the two areas of the background. Stunning cards, thank you for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are gorgeous Chrissy
Gr Karin

jimlynn said...

They're both beautiful! Love the colors the trees came out. So pretty.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Chrissy, these turned out amazing! Love your beautiful scenes with these trees so much!! You've done a stunning job with the inks my friend! HUGS :)

crafty-stamper said...

These are both brilliant Chrissy your inky backgrounds are fabulous and give a great effect when die-cut-love the cloudy border die-can't believe how well Holly looks!
Carol x

Sarah said...

You are really a genius with these inky makes chrissy. They are really fantastic xx

Lisa Lynn said...

Chrissy those are so gorgeous. I'm glad that Holly keeps such a close eye on you and gives her approval of your wonderful creations. lol

pam said...

Two beautiful cards Chrissy, love the gorgeous colours and scenes.
Pam x

pinky said...

Oh just beautiful. Very striking in those colours Chrissy, makes two beautiful cards. Hope you enjoyed your day off. Have a great weekend xx

Pop's Cards said...

These are so pretty I do love the photo bomb though how cute is she! hugs Pops x

Cazro said...

I love how different the cards are. Brilliant. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT

Pia S said...

Same trees, same basic layout, but making scenes for different seasons and their colors make a big difference. I always find it inspiring to see how the same supplies can be used for very different cards.